Thread: Is it possible to overclock SandyBridge H67 motherboards

Is it possible to overclock SandyBridge H67 motherboards

When I looked into a famous tech forums site it describes that not any of the H67 SandyBridge motherboards will permit overclocking? Do you think that it is correct though? I was looking forward on buying an H67 through a 2600k CPU and using the incorporated graphics. I just required capability to overclock the processor for video transcoding, etc. Furthermore intended to purchase the K series now to have the choice to leap about with overclock generally. By means of the K series all I want to accomplish is modify the processor multiplier. Is it correct by way of H67 one can't still doing that? If so in that case I necessitate paying out additional money on a GPU and there will be no use of integrated graphics that came along with Sandy Bridge?

Re: Is it possible to overclock SandyBridge H67 motherboards

There are 2lines of chipsets intended for customer desktops: H as well as P series. The H series supports Sandy Bridge processor’s on-die graphics, at the same time as the P series is severely for separate graphics. Primary and leading we encompass the K-series parts. These will be completely wide open, supporting multipliers capable of 57x. Sandy Bridge ought to have further striking K SKUs than what we’ve observed to date. The Core i7 2600 and 2500 will together be obtainable like a K-edition. The previous ought to be priced approximately $562 and the second at $205 if we depart of present pricing.

Several standard Sandy Bridge CPUs will have incompletely wide open multipliers. The design is that you seize your maximum turbo multiplier, insert a hardly any additional bins on that, furthermore that’ll be your greatest multiplier. It provides various overclocking headroom, except not boundless. Intel is unmoving working away the facts in support of how distant you can set off with these moderately gaping components. Other than I’ve stroked in with my view and confidently we’ll notice somewhat sensible arrive from the corporation. I am confident that these incompletely unlocked fractions will have sufficient multipliers accessible to formulate for upright overclocks.

If you focal point on top of multiplier-only overclocking you drop the capability to augment memory bandwidth as you augment processor clock speed. The quicker your processor, the additional data it wishes and consequently the quicker your memory subsystem wants to be with the intention of scale fine. H67 is locked to no matter what authorized DDR3 speeds Intel supports by way of Sandy Bridge.

I just came across through Gigabyte's website by the side of a variety of H67 motherboards. Seems like they all list different "cloud overclock" and "hot overclock profiles" functions identical like the P67 motherboards. They as well contain "PH67" alternatives that come into view to utilize H67 chipset yet don't apply the involved graphics. Not confident what the advantage is of that. I didn't set off through each and every one the P67 boards to evaluate that differentiation.