Thread: How to overclock Pentium E2180 at 3 GHz

How to overclock Pentium E2180 at 3 GHz

I am thinking of overclocking my cpu at 3GHz. Well I am very new to this field. So I thought you all will help me with the solutions for the specific problem. I am thinking to overclock the system till 3GHz. So do you think I can overclock my system till that speed. Also I need to know is it safe to overclock this particular processor at 3GHz if it is not then do suggest me the particular speed till which I can overclock it. I will be giving you the necessary specifications of my system. do have a look at the specifications and advice me accordingly.
    Micro-ATX: 24.5 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.5 cm (9.6 inches)
    Chipset
    Intel G33
    Front-side bus speed
    800/1066/1333 MHz
    Operating speed: Up to 2.0 GHz
    Number of cores: 2
    Socket: 775
    Bus speed: 800 MHz

Re: How to overclock Pentium E2180 at 3 GHz

According to me it is the matter of stability as well as the instability. Talking about the stability this particular word plays a very important role In the overclocking process. When you are overclocking the system the main thing that you have to see is that whether your system is comfortable in such speed. So if you think it is stable then only you can go ahead with the next speed level. So once you have achieved the stability at a particular level, then it shows that your system can overclock till that speed. There are many cases where the system is overclocked and the system crashes. There are various benchmark test s that have come which shows the various stability factor of the system. so do try with that hope it will work for you.

The another method that you can try here is to increase the system voltage by o.1V. by doing that you will start increasing the processor speed and it will reach some level. The stock processor speed in your case is 2GHz. So I don’t think so you will be able to reach the 3GHz level mark so easily. It would be very difficult. I think that you might be reaching a maximum level of 2.5GHz. so I think you must be satisfied with that mark. As per as the increase in the system voltage is concerned do not try increasing them further. It is very important to check the stability factor at each and every level. So do the necessary things that I have mentioned and you will be done with that.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given. I tried overclocking my system with the help of my friend. Sadly it did not give me any results that would encourage me. It could hardly overclock upto 2.3 GHz level mark. So I am very disappointed with the results. Since my system did not support much overclocking. So it crashed after reaching the 2.4GHz level mark. However I need to thank you all for the necessary inputs that you have given for my problem.