Thread: BSOD after overclocking AMD Phenom x4 955

BSOD after overclocking AMD Phenom x4 955

I have an AMD Phenom X4 955 (black edition - but this is the overclock does not matter). I also have a Asrock 870 Extreme 3 - Main Board. I was told yesterday my CPU with the settings of the BIOS 'by increasing the multiplier to 3.6 overclocked. However, as I have a water cooling system, I naturally wanted to tease out more. Grade I made the jump to 4.2 - but the problems begin on the desktop - and end thanks to a blue screen as well already. My USB stick is not inserted as shown and a blue screen ends the pleasure already regularly after 20 seconds. I am now fallen to 3.8 there is everything, my CPU is at 100% load at 36 degree. However, it happens that some image files that look like eaten below the start icon on mouse over much. I asked a friend - who said I should increase the RAM voltage to 0.1V. My vCore is the original 1.4V. I hope that's enough of necessary information - so who can help me.

Re: BSOD after overclocking AMD Phenom x4 955

Voltage must be at least 1.45 V above 4 GHz. However, usually around 1.5 V. But in this region should then know what you are doing. That this is the case with you, now someone with experience would know that with standard voltage at 955 is not even just to 4.2 Ghz. At 4.2 GHz, the most Phenoms do already so from 1.5 to 1.55 V. The X6 from the dude needs xx at 4GHz Shun 1.5. Increase times the voltage step by step bit ambitious state subsidy runs. And keep the temps in the eye - what should sample at a does not. And test with Prime that it is running solid.

Thank you first of all. I would venture the same time piecemeal. The thing with the voltage cannot be defined as precisely that is quite different from model to model. My 955 needs x4 for 3.8 ghz fabulous 1.53215 V vcore. Higher cannot overclock the CPU stable, no matter what voltage and what cooling. It is therefore always depends on your luck. I have tried all the suggestion that you have but nothing is resulting in anything. If you have any other suggestion for solving my problem then let me know about that. I will be waiting for response from your side.

That you shall you acquire the overclocking, understand and read up. When you go to the tips here sometimes just 1.55V on your CPU you can pop the shoot may also times the PC. It makes no jumps from 3.6 to 4.2 GHz. You should read the FAQ, possibly from several different place related to your problem, so you can understand what's what, and what the impact it will have on your system. I hope that this will help you to get rid of the problem that you are facing. If then also you are not able to solve the issue then you need to provide more detail description related to you problem.