Thread: Can I overclock EVGA X58 SLI

Can I overclock EVGA X58 SLI

I am having Motherboard as of EVGA X58 SLI. I have observed that we can overclock the EVGA 680i. I am going to buy the EVGA X58 SLI but have doubt that is that can be overclocked or not. I want to do overclocking so as it can give much better performance. I have seen that overclocking the EVGA 680i raises the performance of it. So please tell me if it is safe to overclock the EVGA X58 SLI. I have fear that it can create some problems. Thank you.

Re: Can I overclock EVGA X58 SLI

I should like to tell you that voltage is the main thing that one has to appear in order that the things dont go in the incorrect method. If the voltage supply for the motherboard raises or decreased while doing the overclock then you can get more problems with that. So pay attention that it should not change the power voltage supply for the motherboard otherwise you will lose your mobo. This is one of the main thing that need to be consider.

I would not advice you to overclock the system. As you are going to buy the new one and so that will be under warranty. If you overclock that then this will void the warranty for that and after that if anything happens to the system then company will not consider it under warranty. I have seen many cases were overclocking damages the motherboard and they are left with no option other than buying a new one. It is just a suggestion, choice is yours and you can do what you like.

I am totally agree with the above suggestion that this will void the warranty. My suggestion to you is to increase your budget and upgrade the system in the place of overclocking. This will cost you much but you will be safe and there will be fewer chances to lose the motherboard. I will never advice you to overclock the system.

if you are thinking to overclock then I would like to inform you that forever by means of this you have danger for system and therefore it will be good if you can give attention for those. If every the things are completed in the ideal way then you will be capable to observe the processor going in a steady mode. But if it is not put in a fine method then there are probabilities that it might completely wipe out a processor. It might occur that processor will not boot at the greater speed. There are lots of other disadvantages of Overclock. It may also effect in System unsteadiness, Data defeat and Electromigration.