Thread: Overclocking Sandy Bridge 1155

Overclocking Sandy Bridge 1155

Hi there, I have recently purchased a computer which is running on the Intel core i7 2600k and it is based on the Sandy bridge technology. I want to overclock my processor. So someone can tell me that how can I overclock my processor. I am completely new to this. I had not done overclocking before. A few precaution I am going to take is change the cpu fan to a bigger one. I had seen a few models on the web that I am going to buy soon. I want to overclock to get smooth gaming output. Most of my games are lagging when I am playing them on dual monitor at max resolution.

My system configuration:
    1. ASUS P8P67 LGA-1155 motherboard
    2. Intel Core i7 2600 k Sandybridge
    3. 8 GB DDR3 2000 mhz ram

Re: Overclocking Sandy Bridge 1155

There are few important things you have to understand before going ahead with overclocking. You cannot just install a software and increase the cpu clock rate. It is going to burn your processor. You have to checkout the CPU Vcore first. This will allow you to work with the voltage for overclocking cpu. You have to spend time in finding the most appropriate value. If you are going to use low then your cpu can be unstable and if you are making it too high then the cpu can get hotter and will get damage. You have to find the right value so that you wont burn the processor. The second thing you have to check is VCCIO. This is voltage that is delivered to the integrated memory controller and PCI Express. The next thing to check is VCCSA which is an internal voltage to the processor. And then comes the VDRAM. There are lot of others factors. I do not recommend you to use automated settings.

To be frank the overclocking ability of sand bridge is limited. That is why I had seen many extreme users are not really preferring to go with the cpu. Here to play high end games you need a great set of graphic cards. And there is no requirement for overclocking. In coming time we can get more stable processor by I Intel that can manage overclocking more effectively. You have to checkout a few online articles that can define the optimum output on overclocking of your processor.