Thread: Can Smart Fan control stop CPU Fan of my Gigabyte GA 8SR533P

Can Smart Fan control stop CPU Fan of my Gigabyte GA 8SR533P

I would be able to control better the speed of my CPU fan running almost constantly at 3924 rpm for a CPU temperature not exceeding 44 ° C. I feel that the speed of the fan does not depend on the CPU temperature. I tried with Speedfan to control fan speed, but it did not work. On the official website of Speedfan is a list of graphics cards are known to be able to change the speed of the fan. Mine does not appear in this list. In the BIOS I found no option allowing me to play on the speed of the fan. Is there a software solution (I prefer not having to install a potentiometer) My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-8SR533P.

Re: Can Smart Fan control stop CPU Fan of my Gigabyte GA 8SR533P

I would prefer not to install a potentiometer, AC keeps me from having to open my computer every time I adjust the speed of rotation and I think a potentiometer has energy losses and thus generates heat. It appears as it is not the ultimate solution to your problem and hence i think that you can also for the RivaTuner which is the best application in this category.

This is a must-download for serious overclockers. While SpeedFan touts itself as a monitor for your system's temperature and fan speed, the real reason it's worthwhile is that it lets you easily overclock your PC and then adjust the fan speed so it doesn't overheat.

Note: This program is donationware. It is free to try, but the author accepts and encourages donations towards further development.

The Vertex LE is the SF-1500 controller equipped with, the few additional diagnostics and support SLC offers. Differences to Vertex 2 Pro are not known. Rumored to come to the controllers of the vertex LE from an early order with sand force and therefore OCZ have been particularly favorable, so the "Limited Edition" was also produced in limited quantities.