Thread: How can I overclock my Compaq Presario SR1920NX Athlon64 3500 laptop

How can I overclock my Compaq Presario SR1920NX Athlon64 3500 laptop

Having a Compaq Presario SR1920NXAthlon64 3500+512 MB processor compatible laptop with the shared video of 446 MB. It works fine with the features and the other features are very much impressed me. Now I am looking for make the machine for gaming purpose, for that I must be overclock the mother board, but I am not having such idea or information regarding this. The other processes for the overclock I must know, but what shout be the correct motherboard for the gaming purpose, I can’t decided. Is there any one suggest me some tips to do the overclock for my motherboard? Any input will be appreciated greatly..

re: How can I overclock my Compaq Presario SR1920NX Athlon64 3500 laptop

I am having some of the information regarding the overclock of any CPU, so first of all if you are willing to make your machine as for the gaming purpose, one of the most important thing is that you should attach the best cooling process in your machine, because while you will play any high definition game, the CPU will be heated so by the cooling process you can able to lengthen the uses of your motherboard. On the other hand for manually overclock your machine you need to some of the hardware tool to do this operation, along with that I recommend you to follow the mother manual. Make sure that the motherboard which you are going to attach with your machine should be adjusted with the BIOS of your machine. You need to measure the clock speed according to your requirement. Before execute the overclock process in your machine, I would like to suggest you to run your windows or any third party diagnostic utility to fix system problems. Along with that back up your system, documents. If the motherboard is BIOS adjustable, then some of the changes are required with the motherboard, follow the user manual to do the changes.

As per my knowledge to do the overclock process for any PCU first of all you need to change the BIOS setting of your machine and along with that you should follow the clock speed of the motherboard by the CPU jumper. To overclock remove all external hardware peripheral from your machine, and shutdown the machine, leave the machine in plugged in mode. Remove the chassis of the CPU, and with the CPU jumper monitor the clock speed, you might be needed to adjust the speed according to the requirement with your machine. to change the CPU clock speed manually I recommend you to follow the motherboard user manual. Now I suggest you to install any CPU heat sink or any other trusted cooling fan in your motherboard. Now check all the desire functions of your machine and try to run the CPU-intensive program.

You can do the overclock of your CPU by using BIOS setting, reboot your machine and enter into the BIOS setting window, from there locate the Bios Features Setup option, press ENTER. Change the CPU Host Bus Frequency. Along with that change motherboard FSB speed, as per my knowledge the FSB speed is by default set in 166MHz in almost every type of processors. From the CPU core section change the speed frequency from 11x to 13x. Save the above changes in CMOS and exit from the BIOS prompt. Now try to play any game in your machine and check whether your machine’s operating system is working fine with that or not. I hope this will definitely works.