Thread: Need help to overclock my amd on MSI 890FXA-GD70

Need help to overclock my amd on MSI 890FXA-GD70

I am just 14 yrs old and I construct my system 2 months ago. I necessitate help overclocking my system. I am presently working with my system at 3.5ghz and I desire to reach 4.0ghz. My system is prime95 stabled 38degrees 100% load. I have comprised and by no means been quite certain accurately what those VDD voltages control. The AMD documentation pronounce the VDD is start-up voltage additional than commencing from what diminutive I have comprised and seen of the MSI's they do not come into view to be utilized for by means of the intention of it. I have comprised and never had a possibility to play by means of an MSI board myself, I might revolutionize my estimation if I did. I am regarding to purchase a innovative video card for my system. I desire to be familiar by means of which of these two is superior. But if you were capable to buy the 460 and SLI it determine to definitely hammer crossfire 5850 excluding in addition remember the crossfire tribulations associated by means of some games and poor support for them.

Re: Need help to overclock my amd on MSI 890FXA-GD70

What would be the majority accommodating right at present would be pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". By means of the intention of determine to tell us a lot regarding what your frequencies and voltages presently are. Give the impression of being approximating commencing from your bios pics by means of the intention of the merely thing by means of the intention of is not "Auto" is the CPU FSB occurrence additional than those pics I requested determine to tell us additional. The most significant thing for you to do at present to achieve higher overclocks is to augment your CPU Voltage (what most of them frequently call "vcore"). Take it off auto and begin to enlarge it physically by increments, testing for permanence and temps as you go. 10 min. runs of Prime95 blend are superior for preliminary estimates of temps and determine to in addition give you a ball park idea regarding stability as well.

Is it actually necessary to revolutionize CPU-NB Voltage, NB-Voltage, HT Link Voltage, SB Voltage. The entire I be familiar by means of is with the intention of the most important thing is CPU Voltage and DRAM Voltage. Well I am planning to position my CPU FSB Frequency at 286 which is 4004ghz at 1.45 voltage. The ND DRAM Voltage approximately 1.65 1526MHZ. No, you determine to necessitate to deal by means of the cpuNB and its voltage as well. I might not locate where the Phenom II direct demonstrated several of the additional voltages being changed similar to by means of the intention of would you give pleasure to make available a connection to the situation that demonstrate voltages similar to by means of the intention of perhaps it's out of context or something.

Then you necessitate following the direct and continuing increasing your CPU speed, stress testing, and elevate the vCore as desirable. If you are tranquil at 3.5 GHz and endeavoring to jump straight to 4.0 GHz almost certainly would not get you anywhere. I possibly determine to be incorrect perhaps you determine to get lucky and the entire those settings determine to work immediately right and your temps determine to be superior. My merely query is, what determine to you do if it reboots or BSOD's on you. How determine to you be recognizable by means of what failed, what to adjust and by how much. It increased my core speed regarding 0.70 its at present 3.570. The whole thing seems to be working extremely well. What would be my subsequently step QuiteIce the entire the voltages is set to auto although.

You be supposed to not necessitate to increase the vSB and vNB (together are "chipset" voltages by means of the intention of have comprised to do mostly by means of onboard video, sound, and LAN rather than CPU speed) or HT Link voltage in excess of stock. Leave those unaccompanied. Focus on CPU and CPUNB voltages, perhaps bump ram voltage a diminutive, at the same time as maintaining HT Link speed at the stock 2000 or to some extent below and permitting CPUNB (NB in CPU-z) to go no higher than regarding 2400 mhz. In view of the fact by means of the intention of you have comprised a BE CPU, you have the alternative of overclocking completely by means of the CPU multiplier or through a amalgamation of multiplier and fsb (fsb actually be supposed to be called HT Reference these days). If you determine to be relying seriously on the HT Reference to overclock then you be supposed to start by establishing how high your board determines to permit the HT Reference to go by fixing ram and CPU speeds at low levels at the same time as the HT Reference until you get unsteadiness.

If you stay within the voltage ranges scheduled on top of and do not let the load core temp subsequent to 10 minutes of Prime95 and/or OCCT go beyond 55°C then you be supposed to be OK. So, I determine to position my CPU Voltage to 1.325v and CPU NB Voltage at 1.15v. And do a p95 test (exclusive of additional than 55deg. C). Merely those two by means of the intention of I determine to adjust at my bios. What regarding my DRAM Voltage. And CPU FSB(tranquil 3.7ghz or I determine to increase it. Do not revolutionize the speeds at the entire yet let's create certain those voltages essentially work first (merely takes 10 minutes to locate out). There is a assortment of things I would be doing additional than let's immediately go one step at a time.