Thread: Planning to Upgrade my PC to GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R with an i7 950 CPU

Planning to Upgrade my PC to GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R with an i7 950 CPU

Hello!I am planning to return my present motherboard, CPU, RAM, and so on to an Intel i7 950 CPU, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard, and latest RAM. I am at a standstill going to make use of my old, updated Windows XP service pack 3. I just want to know is this going to be okay.My current PC specifications are Processor: Intel i7 950 ,Ram: three 2 GB of Kingston HyperX T1,Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI, an used mid-tower Antec P180 ATX case, three 120 mm case fans, dual cooler fan to cool PCI cards, two onboard RealTek Gigabit Ethernet NIC networks and onboard RealTek sound.Thank you in advance.

Re: Planning to Upgrade my PC to GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R with an i7 950 CPU

What do you make use of this computer for? Sounds like a solid assemble, the 950 is fairly superior for its value. Have you well thought-out waiting for Sandy Bridge although? It may be inexpensive to upgrade as well as may possibly be to some extent faster at the same time, all at the same time as with any luck using less power. It is substituting socket 1156 so just has double channel. Just appears a waste to obtain a triple channel board furthermore be restricted to 3GB or 4GB of RAM.

Yes, I will have to be of the same mind with the above members on this point. The systems you are proposing to upgrade is fundamentally a power users system moreover then restrict yourself to a 32 bit OS with all that involve just does not make intelligence. Your 32 bit applications be supposed to work with Windows 7 64 bit too on the whole as well as you will be able on the way to access more memory.

Fair adequate and I will recommend you to update your windows xp 32 to 64 bit.It's just that apparently we do not like to make out somebody spend more than they have to. If we be able to provide any other recommendation please just asks. I take it that the PC upgrade will be a blow on issue. The major one at the moment will go to the backup system and so on. Just make certain that the power supply's are good quality as well as powerful sufficient.