Thread: 1st time lapping cpu for overclocking

1st time lapping cpu for overclocking

The Mods feel free to move regarding this to where it belongs. I have comprised an older Emachine Desktop by means of the intention of got attractive hot. So I determined to lap the cpu and heat sink this is my 1st endeavor at this. This is immediately practice plus I did not desire to purchase an aftermarket cooler for an older Pc. It is not a "Mirror " Finish additional than I am contented by means of the temp drop So, an 11 degree drop. I have comprised and lapped heat sinks additional than never the cpu face. I desire to do it to my Cpu and heatsink additional than I might wait for innovative cpu. Immediately lapped my dualcore. I forgot a previous to screenshot additional than.

Re: 1st time lapping cpu for overclocking

Just for prospect reference, utilize the 320 grit until the entire of the processor IHS is copper. If you have comprised zinc left, it is not absolutely flat. Beyond by means of the intention of, superior job for a first time. Took me everlastingly to get it to copper. I left a number of zinc on for the reason by means of the intention of I did not be familiar by means of if I was going too far or not how much be able to I actually sand off previous to I have comprised and gone too far. You would be sanding for hours previous to you got to the position where you would damage the processor. Moderately certain your arms would fall off first.

At the same time as I was coming up for my batteries to my digital camera to incriminate (was writing a evaluation regarding the notebook) I determined to tear it apart(This is a HP ZX5000 by means of a P4 3.0HT). I pulled the plastic piece off the reverse to reveal the two fans, which I then tear the shrouds off of. I examine them and determined there was no mods I required to do to them and shifted on. I then unscrewed the heatsink and dual heatpipe cooler commencing from the cpu. It came off by means of no trouble, immediately desirable a number of wiggling. The cooler is L shaped by means of a radiator on every end (one fan in back, one on the side) by means of the CPU being at the center of the L. The surface of the heatsink was _extremely_ scratched and uneven, particularly right in excess of the core.

At first I consideration you were actually sick, additional than it almost certainly helps a lot by means of noise to not have comprised by means of the intention of fan kick on. If you experience similar to writing a how-to, most of them by it by means of pictures in our most important news section. Pleasant by means of by means of the intention of, I am glad to hear it worked out. Inspiron 8600 owners are not the merely ones who be able to do heat mods pleasant mod. I determine to have comprised to go locate that superior sandpaper. I would not utilize it until I am prepared to swap in a faster CPU though, in view of the fact by means of the intention of I have a zv5000z and have originate with the intention of undervolting the Athlon 64 CPU is astoundingly effectual at preventing heat commencing from being generated in the first place.

The Idles at 37C load is 52C. My desktop is 27C inoperative and 37C load. Too terrible I did not encompass a measurement previous to I lapped the heatsink anybody else contain a zx5000 by means of the intention of be able to give us a number of temps stock. How passionate would I be to lap the heatspreader on the P4 itself. In addition I encompass been thinking regarding modding the fan grills on the bottom, they seem extremely restrictive. I am thinking engrave them out by means of a dremel and purchase some chrome 40mm or so fan grills to position on there. Does anybody be familiar by means of if it’s probable to mod the bios to revolutionize when fans go on and off. In addition I encompass this floppy bay right on top of the DVD Drive by means of the intention of I did not get the drive for so as far as I be familiar by means of its empty space atm, and I am thinking of what to put in it.

And I be able to attach a number of pictures of the P4 and lapped heat sink if you desire to observe what I am talking regarding. What's significant is the dissimilarity connecting idle and load. A 15C diff (52 - 37) on a laptop is extremely superior, excellent actually given what a pig the P4 is. Your desktop is almost certainly underreporting its true temperature (by means of the intention of occurs a lot), additional than its 10C diff is almost certainly accurate. I do not be familiar by means of how to measure by means of the intention of). Immediately read this and practical arcticsilver 5 to my hp pavilion zx5000 notebook, it in addition runs the radeon 9600 card in it. I had the similar heatsink and pentium 4 3.0 HT processor additional than I did not become aware of much of scratches/grooves on the heatsink so I did no sanding.