Thread: I am overclocking Intel e4400 for the first time

I am overclocking Intel e4400 for the first time

I had recently or immediately received my mates old e4400 to replace my weird e6300(does not boot the entire the time and runs hot by means of no overclocking). Then practical AS MX-2 to both spread extremely thin. At customary it runs regarding 29C idle and concerning 40-45C load. This seemed moderately cool so I decided to have comprised a appropriate go at overclocking. I do not imagine several additional components are relevant so I would not bother listing. So at the moment I have comprised left vcore voltage customary (1.325 bios, says 1.29 in cpu-z and speedfan) and have comprised and raised the memory voltage to 1.9v (I do not be familiar by means of if this was essentially needed). Additional than I do not actually be familiar by means of how this effects it(I know its faster, additional than does it necessitate extra voltage and does it increase temps) or how is the most excellent method way to lower it.

Re: I am overclocking Intel e4400 for the first time

You have to set the vcore to 1.325 not auto as I do not confidence auto. I figured if I raised the multiplier to ten it would desire to additional volts and produce supplementary heat and I am on a stock Intel heatsink + fan. Imagine of receiving a cooler master hyper tx3 or arctic cooling freezer 7 pro)1333fsb is the max my motherboard is velocity to go natively in addition my ram is in addition at its max rated speed on 1:1 by means of the bus speed, be supposed to I push this further or immediately up the multiplier or leave it until I get a innovative cooler. In addition got my memory timings down to 4-4-4-12 at 2.025v seems extremely well in other and Everest stress tests as far as I be familiar by means of I do not imagine setting a higher multiplier is going to cause additional heat or require supplementary volts.

I would immediately set the multi at 10, SPD at 1:1 or 2.00 (for at present), PCIe at 100mhz, abscond the vcore where it’s at, and up the FSB until you hit or start receiving close 3.0ghz. Your FSB @ stock is 200mhz so endeavor 250fsb and then observe if it boots completely into windows w/out freezing or BSOD. If it boots extremely well then go back into bios and up the fsb to 275fsb and replicate. If you do not get a BSOD or if it does not freeze then endeavor 300fsb. IF it does freeze/BSOD I frequently immediately hit the restart button on the comp and then acquire back into bios as almost immediately as I observe the position/splash screen. If it does not pass then you might require to up your vcore or additional voltages additional than observe if you be able to position into windows first.

Yes it states by means of the intention of you necessitate to maintain the temps beneath 60c subsequent to searching google additional than typically intel burn test gets your temps method higher than normal utilize determine to get them. I be familiar by means of mine gets up to high 60's on IBT additional than merely hits perhaps 52c in games. Tcase on the E4400 is moreover 61.4°C or 73.3°C depending on the stepping (L2=61.4°C and M0=73.3°C). And in view of the fact by means of the intention of Tunction is usually 5-10°C higher than Tcase at the same time as under 100% load, and irregardless of what Tj Max is for moreover stepping, maintain the Distance to Tj Max at > 20-25°C at the same time as utilizing moreover Real Temp or Core Temp to monitor the cores.

The CPU might be unstable or generate erroneous results, a number of which might not be readily apparent. The life expectation determine to be reduced) And this msg too CPU FSB higher than rated FSB of the CPU. Even if you are beneath the CPU rated speed, by over clocking the FSB you are working with the CPU I/O buffers on top of spec immediately be aware of this. If you do not get instability your extremely well. Presently be familiar by means of overclocking be able to and determine to reduce the life expectancy of your CPU. Perhaps you be supposed to do some additional reading. Overclock is completely safe, as long as you be familiar by means of what you are doing it occur to encompass a C2D e4300 working with at 3.3ghz, it’s been this technique 24/7 in view of the fact that I had purchased it.

Yes perhaps the mobo is presently terrible, I determine to bring up to date the screens as a most recent resort and anticipate I made a miserable mistake and did not disburse attention Ok here most of them go, I tested Bios F9 additional than the entire in excess of again failed on FSB changes, I am attractive certain the reset function of this board is basically not running the method it be supposed to. So am I doing no matter which incorrect here. Flashed right back to F12A subsequent to this on my backup bios as this seems the the majority overclock friendly bios. Anyhow if you tell me by means of the intention of the entire is ok extremely well, I am completed by means of it, I am not 100% on by means of the intention of one as it came by means of newer bios, people who encompass the P45 UD3 boards be able to almost certainly help as it is practically the similar bios.