Thread: Suggestion for reaching 4.4ghz at core i7

Suggestion for reaching 4.4ghz at core i7

I have comprised a Core i7 875k which means it has a not closed multiplier. You determine to observe my specs in the sig. I am stable at regarding 4.03 GHz at approximately 1.32v on vCore and 1.35vtt. I am at 193 bclk. Maintain in mind the unlocked multiplier, the entire I encompass to do is bump up the multiplier to 23 to reach 4.4ghz. At present as I recall, the entire you would encompass to do is up the vCore and by means of the intention of is it, am I Right by means of unlocked multipliers. I have comprised even tested upping the vtt and PLL. I have comprised and endeavor 1.4v, 1.425v, 1.45v, 1.48v on the vCore by means of low vDROOP. I maintain receiving crashes, I am completely stable at 4ghz by means of no power saving characteristic on. This is merely extremely benching, I utilize 4ghz for 24/7 daily utilize.

Re: Suggestion for reaching 4.4ghz at core i7

I actually be supposed to not subsequent to observing additional people do it. Yes, I be familiar by means of not the entire identical components do not overclock the equivalent additional than it be supposed to the entire be close. My temps at 4.2ghz are creeping a diminutive, they get approximately 75c additional than stay at approximately 70c which is completely extremely well. 85c is where it crashes. In view of the fact by means of the intention of commencing from 4ghz to 4.2ghz, the entire I did was up the multiplier consequently simply upping the vCore, be able to I immediately maintain by means of the intention of method going forever. Just for the reason by means of the intention of some chips clock up to 4.4 does not mean with the intention of they the entire be able to.

You in addition might immediately necessitate additional vcore. On one occasion you hit a convinced point (and past 4.0 on P55 quads is receiving to by means of the intention of point) you necessitate a assortment of voltage for diminutive increases. As your original position demonstrate it too regarding .08v to go commencing from 4.0 to 4.2 (1.32 to 1.4) so it determine to take additional than .08 supplementary for the subsequently 200 mhz if you be able to get it at the entire. And immediately for the reason by means of the intention of additional chips is able to do a certain speed at a certain voltage does not mean yours be able to. I have comprised and seen i5 750's due 4.0 at beneath 1.3 vcore and excavation take 1.44.I have benched Super Pi at 4.7-4.8 and have run 3D Mark 06 at 4.6. The entire in excess of again, by means of 1.6Vcore.

I utilize the multi to do the majority of my clocking on my 655k as it's immediately easier for me to get the whole thing where I desire by means of 160 bclk (my board would not do 200 so to get 1600 on the mem I necessitate to utilize 160) Are you working by means of HT. The extra heat generated commencing from HT creates bigger clocks harder to stabilize particularly on air. The additional day I was benching wPrime at 4.6 (socket 1366) on air and I might not control the temps well sufficient to absolute the bench by means of additional than I did administer 4. A number of these i7 chips run extremely hot at 4.4+. I approximating working with on air additional than I am at present considering an upgrading to a decent water cooling loop for testing.

That being said commencing from personal experience on AMD and Intel as well as observations immediately for the reason by means of the intention of 1.32v determine to give you 4.0 and no additional does not mean by means of the intention of it determine to not take 1.52 for an additional 2-400 Mhz. At present this determines to in addition be a window and perhaps permit 4.6Ghz. There is no real magic number as each CPU is dissimilar. Add in the ram, motherboard and PSU (Yes you encompass a strong PSU additional than in your sig you do not memorandum it). I previously regarding your voltages BT. to add to it, working with your memory so high you determine to encompass to adjust your Vtt as well. You to be expected are not going to be capable to run your memory and your CPU by means of the intention of high.

You necessitate to locate out what your memory controller be able to handle actually. One additional thing to memorandum, your MEMORY STICKS is rated at 2k, by means of the intention of does not mean your memory organizer which is on the CPU be able to acquire by means of the intention of high. Give pleasure to memorandum those are dissimilar things. You are at a position in overclocking where cookie cutter settings are not going to scratch it and its trial and error. Register your major voltages and perhaps incredible determine to stick out. Assuming you has comprised them off auto which you be supposed to it. I be able to run stable sufficient at 4.6 additional than not prime stable, and even at 4.4 the heat is so high by means of the intention of if I endeavor folding or additional number crunching, the heat in the room becomes unbearable.