Thread: Suitable air cooling for overclocking intel i7-950

Suitable air cooling for overclocking intel i7-950

This position is in regards to my majority recent build project. I am working with an i7-950 on a GA-X58A-UD3R by means of 6gb of RAM rated at 1600mhz, additional than built to OC. I plan on unpretentious overclocking, and I am working with by means of a coolermaster haf build. My HSF is the V8. So far I encompass heard the V8 was overkill for my overclocking aspiration, additional than it give the impression of being attractive and superior too much cooling than too diminutive. Fundamentally I required confirmation commencing from some experienced Overclockers at what the i7-950's potential is on a high-end air cooling build, what clock speed would I be to be expected to achieve.

Re: Suitable air cooling for overclocking intel i7-950

A tip regarding pasting, in case you are tranquil subsequent to it. Often the cooler determine to come by means of a diminutive sheet of wax paper/cardboard by means of the intention of be able to spread the thermal compound extremely flat and even without much practice. On the other hand, what I locate even additional helpful is glass, at the same time as spreading the thermal compound endeavor to apply it even then flatten and spread by means of a flat piece of glass. Doing this systematically almost entirely flattens and spreads it which means no infuriating processor hot-spots commencing from "bubbles" or "holes" in the submission. I encompass a 950 working with 4.4G at 1.45Vcore cooled by the noctua NH-D14.

I am quite superior at mounting cooler master coolers as is, so I might shoot for higher, depending on what 4.2ghz runs as. And yes, the 950 is competent of additional than 4.2ghz moderately easy, additional than. Yes I be familiar by means of. I misrepresented the fans anyway. The stock fan do not make available sufficient air flow to maximize the efficiency of the cooler. So I changed them and got exonerate of these unattractive fan. I locate my 930 idles much higher than my 980x, oddly sufficient The 980x determine to idle in the 20's additional than the 930 idles similar to yours, in the 30's. As for your load temps, what are you utilizing to load the processor. Are you immediately gaming or working with a distributed computing project approximating Folding or BOINC.

Anybody have comprised several luck utilizing a thermal right 120 on i7 950. I am going to be positioning my innovative GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R and innovative 950 into my system. I plan to utilize my true 120 by means of 1366 brackets. Yes, the accurate does immediately extremely well on LGA1366. Set yourself up by means of a couple of superior superiority fans such as Panaflo L1BX or Scythe S-Flex SFF21F or 1850 rpm Gentle Typhoons and let here rip. By means of HT on, I was receiving temps read via coretemp .99.7 in the low to mid 80's and failures in prime subsequent to perhaps 30 min. I am utilizing an older CNPS9700 cooler which I imagine is tranquil halfway decent. Temps demonstrate up in the ASROCk tuner for the CPU at 69c.

I lowered the current to 1.25 and am rerunning. Temps are even lower at present. Pay no attention to the min temps, I did not stop the temp meters, immediately reset them, so possessions were previously working. Otherwise, idle is approximately 39-40c. I am working with the ram at merely regarding 1066 atm to number out my cpu. I concentrated my VTT to 1.20, and familiar my CPU down to beneath 1.25v. It bounces in CPU-Z connecting 1.232 and 1.248. Temps seem actually cool at present. If subsequent to an hour under Prime95 you do not encounter several tribulations, you be able to go ahead and endeavor bumping up your bclk by 5-10 and then do an additional burn test. Just maintain in mind as you up your vcore you are core temperature determine to go up as well proportionally to the voltage increase.

From time to time CPU-Z is not demonstrating accurate multiplier and Orhos is previous If you desire to load the entire of your utilize prime95 outsized FFTs or LinX if you are brave. Additional than similar to I say, I do not comprehend why my bios says what is says observing the multiplier go commencing from 22x to 23x, and observing the clock going commencing from 22x to 24x, skipping the 23x multi. Additional than I determine to test both programs, previously encompass prime install additional than have not looked at it yet, edit: pleasant, by means of your i7 turbo prog, it says its working with at 24x, real temp witches connecting 23x and 24x, additional than I observe i7 turbo, going immediately a bit beneath 24x and then realtemp revolutionize collectively, so I encompass a stable system working with at 4236.3 mhz woot, not terrible for my first OC it imagine additional than tranquil several help/advice how to get higher and staying stable determine to be welcome, I immediately desire to be familiar by means of a bit more then what I do at the present My temps at max torture.