Thread: Overclocking an Asus Rampage Extreme III

Overclocking an Asus Rampage Extreme III

I have done an overclocking (to some extent, so not that expert) and now I am thinking to try overclocking the Asus Rampage Extreme III. Since, I am not having enough knowledge about this motherboard, I thought first to gain some knowledge and then R & D. I am aware that overclocking might spoil my motherboard (if not done properly), but still I am curious to do it. Just need your help regarding some overclocking tips for Asus Rampage Extreme III. Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: Overclocking an Asus Rampage Extreme III

To determine the maximum reference clock, the multiplier was lowered to 13x the CPU clock rate be excluded as a limiting factor. It was also moved to the memory: the smallest memory divider and timings were conservative elected. The QPI-voltage was 1.35 volts maximum tolerated. The VCore was also elected passive. In order to achieve the highest possible BCLK values, moreover, the PCI Express clock increased to 115 MHz and fixes the IOH voltage to 1.15 volts. Finally, could a maximum reference clock of 226.4 MHz Prime stable be realized from a Core i7-920 with the batch 3841A633 and the Rampage III Extreme (Bios 0402) combining with - a great sensitivity and with the high-end boards do not often seen. It is also worth mentioning that in this case only 1.275 volts QPI / DRAM voltage (only 75 mV above standard) was necessary and also by 1.35 volts no further improvement was possible. Thus, a very high FSB clock for the 24/7-operation would be possible.

Even the most validated measure (2D-stable) knew the board to convince. Whopping 232.5 MHz were here air cooler and human tensions opportunity. The question of higher values under extreme cooling methods I'm still trying promptly furnish. Finally, let's look at even the required voltage for popular 200 MHz base clock. This test completes the Rampage Extreme III with standard QPI voltage of 1.2 volts in the bios. Remarkable, finally, the actually applied voltage is much lower (around 1.17 volts). Here, the test candidate also read some very precise timing of Ram DDR3-1600 CL6-7-6-18-60-1T. Very good!!

The included USB cable into the port plug, Rog Connect button and you connect a second PC. On this, the TweakIt software suite to run and even in real-time control and monitoring of the Rampage Extreme III possible. Quick find joy in the software, and finally leave here during a benchmark change all settings on the fly or control of Voltage / Temperature profile. The feature worked perfectly in the test without error and allowed a simple and very detailed monitoring and control of the Boards.

Through a small additional plug-in card, the Rampage Extreme III is bluetooth capable. The gag here is the controllable of the iRog processor and thus a real-time access to the motherboard similar to that of ROG Connect. Thus the board can wirelessly monitor and live overclock. Certainly a very innovative feature, but the hurt by the fact that very few devices support (only seven in number) the necessary RC TweakIt software. We ask ourselves: Where is the best iPhone app? After all, the adapter can be used as a normal Bluetooth interface, for example, to synchronize data with a mobile phone.