Thread: Are there locked cores in phenom 965

Are there locked cores in phenom 965

I was immediately interested if anybody knew if the Phenom 2 x4 965 be had several locked cores on the die. I was immediately curious for the reason by means of the intention of I be familiar by means of there are additional by means of the intention of be able to be unlocked commencing from dual to quad so perhaps you be able to unlock commencing from quad to hexa-core. I imagine it is merely by means of the innovative Thuban build commencing from AMD you be able to go from x4 to x6 additional than what regarding the superior old powerhouse 965. You misunderstood the innovative position. The query was whether the 965 has two supplementary locked cores by means of the intention of be able to revolutionize it from a 4 core to a 6 core.

Re: Are there locked cores in phenom 965

The Phenom II x4 965BE has merely four cores at the majority. Thuban four cores, a creation not yet on the market, determine to have comprised two cores put out of action and might potentially be unlocked, given the right most important board and firmware. Cool I am immediately going to wait then until they come by means of the 4 core Thuban and unlock those terrible thing. Most of them are out of luck on by means of the intention of department. The Thuban X4 960T determine to not be unconfined as linked by Herr_Koos. If you previously got an AMD motherboard, possibility are it determine to sustain or maintain the X6 so immediately get a true X6. The 1055T if you are on budget or 1090T if you be able to afford it.

I guess I would to a certain extent encompass a true 6 core newest when the time is right. They are so reasonably priced for the price vs presentation ratio neways it's no big deal. I be familiar by means of I determine to immediately be sticking by means of the 965 for a at the same time as cause the thing is a beast previously I not be able to observe a reason to encompass a 6 core at present as I rarely utilize 4 cores to begin by means of it. I immediately although it would be actually kool to purchase a 4 core cpu and create a diminutive bios revolutionize and be working with 6. I be familiar by means of the how the itch feels to see 6 cores working with in Windows Task Manager. I myself encompass the unlocked X3 720 OC's at 3.6GHz and I do not their determine to be performance gained commencing from an X6 worth $200-$300.

I determine to be upgrading to moreover Then AMD 965 Or 1090T. On one occasion I do I would not be upgrading for at smallest amount 3-4 years. At present I am primarily a gamer, I do a number of video editing and it determine to advantage be somewhat later. Along by means of the CPU I determine to be receiving a innovative AM3 mobo by means of usb3 and sata 6gb/s, as well as 8gb ddr3-1600mhz ram. I desire to be familiar by means of, shall I go by means of the 965 or 1090t. As I am conscious the 965 seems to win at a assortment of submission and a assortment of games, primarily for the reason by means of the intention of games do not utilize 6 cores. Additional than in applications utilizing 6 cores the 1090t seems to do worse.

True, games do not utilize 6 cores, additional than some submission yes. For longer term I imagine 1090T determine to survive superior than 965. Well, stock cooler is sufficient for daily utilize, if you imagine by means of the intention of is not superior sufficient then you be able to acquire an aftermarket cooler for presently $50-$60 to assist you cooling down the cpu. Immediately create certain get the standard ATX case and not mini/micro ATX case. Normal ATX case determine to gives you superior airflow, help cooling down the entire components. Or do you imagine it’s superior to wait for the 8 core bulldozers in QII 2011. I might probably get by means of the intention of if it’s approximately the similar price range as the current 1090T. Additional than even if I do not, the 8 cores are supposed to utilize AM3 slot motherboards.

Well the 1055 has locked cores at the same time as the 1090T has not closed cores. I do not actually aspiration to overclock, not right at present anyway. It seems although the site I had utilized for benchmarks had jumblerd organize so as I read commencing from side to side a assortment of the benchmarks commencing from 955 were a assortment higher, at the same time as some additional in 1090T were a assortment higher, even though at present I release half of them articulate lower is superior. The 8 core Bulldozer in reality requires AM3+, AMD long-established this a few months ago. Purchase a 1090 today, encompass no real upgrading without an innovative motherboard in the expectations. I would tranquil take the 1090T in excess of the 965 if you plan to maintain the build 3-4 years.