Thread: Overclocking i7 950 on Asus Sabertooth X58

Overclocking i7 950 on Asus Sabertooth X58

I have been looking to overclock , the signature collected in the apparent PC. As far as running all. Only the temperature of the Northbridge Asus X58 Sabertooth worries me. In idle, the CPU has a temprature of 45 degree C, which I think is OK. However, the North Bridge in idle fluctuates between 65 - and 71 C and I find it quite high. Does anyone have the Sabertooth X58 in use and can anyone tell what should be the temprature of If the temp is normal or should I replace the board visually I'd say the heatsink is seated correctly on the North Bridge. Please enlight me how to overclock the i7 950 on Asus Sabertooth X58.

Re: Overclocking i7 950 on Asus Sabertooth X58

The only thing you can do, the throughput and the air flow is to improve the housing. In addition, turn build a top-flow cooler is not too bad, because the blows from the CPU to the motherboard. If your CPU is over but the temperature of the motherboard, then that there is more of a disadvantage. The last option would be to attach a fan directly, for example, with cable tie to the place where it is felt the warmest. Since last NEN 50 or 60mm fan. Of course, all proposals that actually make no sense under normal use, just in case if you really want to do something about it

The North Bridge temperature at the "Games of the Republic" boards is sometimes even more, without which there are problems. Perhaps you could craft one or two optional numeric Asus Silent pipe North Bridge Fans on the pipe, but I think it will not fit with your lumps at least laterally. But would not really necessary, is really just a substitute for CPU cooling water thought to lack the air power of the CPU cooler to compensate. Second possibility would be another big Noctua NH-C12P SE14 to be mounted on the board.

I have before me in the next few days the Sabertooth ASUS X58 board for the base 1366th The price of the board is currently unbeatable and really pleases me i really like the vital statistics of the board. I would like the Crucial Ballistics Tracer RED use 6GB PC3-12800 CL8 (BL3KIT25664TG1608) kit on the board. There are surely other memory but when I attach great importance to the optics, the choice fell on this memory. It would be interesting for me to know if this memory works fine on the X58 Sabertooth. Maybe there someone who already uses this combination and can tell me if my project is successful or if it does not fit. I have to say yet that I do not have to overclock but rather prefer a Table Rock system. Thanks very much in advance and have a nice evening all of you.

I have the saberthooth x58 for a few weeks and use corsair 1600 ram and even i am totally satisfied. it fits perfectly and is performing quiet well even when i over clock it. No idea how far you want to overclock, but if it were not just have to 4ghz extends the corsair completely. To check whether the memory is ok there is switch on the mother board, Press it to check RAM for errors and possibly the ram settings are set to default, so that atleast we are confirmed that everything is ok.

bruno_techzone Guest

Hi, I have an Asus Rampage 3 Extreme and the chipset was running hot also.
    The solution was to take out the chipset cooler, clean the thermal compound off it and put a new one (i used artic mx-3).
    Now my chipset runs at 42C and i7-980X gets 4.35GHz.

Bruno @ Techzone.ro