Thread: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t reaches at 80 degrees celsius

AMD Phenom II X6 1055t reaches at 80 degrees celsius

It was my last time when I purchased AMD Phenom, II X6 cpu. I had compatible motherboard also, so that I can perform a stable overclocking. Overclocking is my prime need to run heavy game on a dual wide-screen monitor. I had performed a 30min OCCT test to ensure my system status. But it gets overheated in 20 seconds. I was also running coretemp to keep an eye on the heating. I was not aware about this. When I overclocked and run a game it crashed after half hour. This gave a doubt of my system heating. I opened the cabinet and found that my cpu was extermely heated. I have a good ventilation support. Even I am planing to add a liquid cooling to my system. What can be the issue here.

Re: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t reaches at 80 degrees celsius

If your CPU overheats then your system can accidentally reboots or this can also destroy the processor itself. So you have to beware about this. You have to first check that why your CPU temperature is going high. It also be due to absence of better cooling. I have some test done before which I can share to give more highlight on the heating of the system. I am using a intel cpu where it is recommended that 70 degree Celsius is more than enough. It must stay between 60-70. More than that means the system is heating up. Today the new generation cpu like Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 supports up to 100 degree of heat. That means they can tolerate upto that extent. Check what is the limit of your cpu also. Perform test to ensure stability. If needed update your system bios.

I am using a Kingston HyperX 1067mhz ram in my system. I was also having a system issue. I was not aware that my ram was responsible for my cpu heating. I had connected two sticks of 2GB on my Asus motherboard. Now one ram was not proper which was not recognized in the bios. I never checked that overclocked the system. When I run the game my system crashed with blue screen. I planned to fit the cpu back again with stick. The cpu was extremely hot. Later on after several crashes I run a diagnostic test for the hardware which showed that one ram is faulty. Check your system properly that all your hardware is properly connected plus they are compatible or not.

Do you have enough power supply for your system. Basically lower is also a major issue of overheating where your system does not get enough food for performing properly. So for that first do one thing is upgrade your psu. There is a certain value set for the cpu to protect himself from damaging. When the value is crossing the limit the your system shutoffs. For the kingston ram thing you can try to relax the timings of your kingston. Check the appropriate frequency of the same so that your ram can match the overclocking process. Use a good cooling support.

Here I am trying to explain my problem. I built a PC piece by piece in less than a week until the day I finished everything and installed the operating system. After 5 minutes or 10 minutes of Crysis Trackmania United Forever the pc freezes completely. So I was forced to reboot the system. I downloaded Speed Fan to check the system fan speed. I noticed that my processor at the time I play the game it cpu goes to 75 ° C. And then my cooler just stays on 1700rpm. I went in the bios and I increased the cpu fan speed to to 100%. After that things are working quiet well.