Thread: How to keep Core i7 930 stable @ 4.4Ghz

How to keep Core i7 930 stable @ 4.4Ghz

What is the most stable way to keep Core i7 at 4.4Ghz. I need help to understand the steps. There are normally lots of software which offers a ready made profile to overclock the processor. But normally I do not believe on the same, as conditions are most often never similar. I am using a utility given by Asus board. It overclocks the system automatically without a third party support. The system stays stable normally but I am not reach prescribed frequency. Does anyone was successful to reach the frequency of 4.4Ghz. If yes then how it is possible to reach the frequency without killing the cpu. I am not really desiring to do that, but just want to test my system performance and behavior at that level. Or else it is not really to invest in such a high end system. I prefer lan games, but that too at the end of every weekend. So at that time this can give a continuous performance. I have a 4GB ram support also, till now I had not decided to add a liquid cooling support. I had gone through some site which says intel core i7 is designed to give optimum performance at lower voltage levels. Thanks.

Re: How to keep Core i7 930 stable @ 4.4Ghz

I had gone till 4.2 but it is very difficult to keep this things stable at that point. You cannot image how much pressure is on your system. Your cpu heats like crazy and if you leave the same for sometime, your system can crash due to blue screen. It is enough to set the cpu at a minimal frequency decided in the bios already. Keep an eye on the emperature. The temperature goes high then it means it can be due to low cooling support or lack of recent bios. Regarding the consumption truth is that I do not care much on 35W. I found core i5 more stable for overclocking. I don't know why, but I am getting a stable performance on quiet a few high frequency. Do not overclock beyond the limit. You can only burn your cpu. And 4.4 is a very high frequency. This also degrades your cpu life. I just overclock as per the system requirement of the game and after playing for some hours, I shuts the machine off. The cpu temperature goes back to normal. After adding up a good liquid cooling support, the temperature stays stable at 45 degree Celsius.

For the Core i7 it is important that the frequencies can be scale in the same way to Core 2 processor or other processors. The industry adapts to this new way of programming for giving you multiple simultaneous threads. Core i7 qualifies the test of overclocking, but still everywhere the condition is never same. But there is something which Core i7 has more. For example the bus system of Core 2 and the capacity of its chipsets for handling the frequencies was worst. The Core i7 working with a real internal bus of 133MHz so that their frequencies are multiplied to levels. This well management of handling multiple frequencies at number of levels make the cpu quiet stable at the time of overclocking. The other thing is the power consumption which is relatively low that keeps the cpu much cooler and you do not rely on high voltage psu also. Do not forget to check the detailed specification of the cpu before performing the action.

It is possible to put Core i7 at 4.4Ghz. It is due to the increase in bus rate. With the Core i7's front side bus has two fundamental differences on the one hand is much smaller and therefore compensated by high leverage, and on the other hand is much more complicated to use buses high and this greatly affects other side buses now describe same. The advantage is that we do not have much force the machine to a processor like the Core i920 can reach very high operating frequencies and that is a significant advantage. You can try to set the same, but companies also really do not guarantee on that. Run OCCT before that and then only if your pass the system then you can overclock. Overclock by increasing frequency by frequency. Do not just set the entire at 4.4. Rivatuner is an better tool, but on the same hand it is also very risky.

It is right that Core i7 cpu has a better support for bus and it supports well higher frequency. I had reach to 3.7 something not above that, as I worry of burning of my processor. These buses are manipulated versions of the Core i7 extreme but not an i920. Thus you must be careful because the bus increases produce secondary effects on other buses that can significantly affect the stability of the system. Yet our experience is that more than 200MHz QBLK is difficult to raise any of these mics so overclocking peaks were based on the capacity increase with a multiplier or other versions of each processor.

Refrigerate chipset, memory and processor of the most efficient way possible to save your system. Do not risk to overclock your system to an higher rate without better cooling. It is correct that at 4.4GHz your system is more stretched for performance and plenty of heat is generated. The vcore is also an important aspect that you must note down. You can overclock the same to reach a higher frequency in a lower period of time. My system runs stable at 4.4Ghz without freezing. On the same I had not tested any other games on the same. I had not run any resource hungry application on that. What you do is perform a OCCT test and then run Memtest to check that your hardware is sufficient enough. Then overclock for sometime and keep a eye on coretemp. If first it works well then you do not need to worry about the cpu.