Thread: FireWire PCI Express controller card is not working

FireWire PCI Express controller card is not working

I've recently changed PC (Gigabyte P55 UD3, Intel i5 750, ATI 5770, Power 500 watts. For the occasion I've been on Windows 7 64 bit. I managed to install everything (wireless card, TV card, Printers) but one of my FireWire card. This card is a PCI Express model (more free PCI slot) vista compatible (which is written on the packaging). To summarize the problem, the card is recognized by the device manager, and drivers are updated. By cons (still in the device manager), windows tells me that the device does not work properly (error code 10). I said that the card worked in my old PC (XP). If a kind soul could help me.

Re: FireWire PCI Express controller card is not working

I think i can resolve your issue because i have Widows 7 on my computer the 64-bit version, Firewire uses Microsoft driver - probably present on the installation DVD. This is the integrated firewire on my motherboard (Gigabyte). Your card is probably working on Vista (and Windows 7) 32 bits. Go to the manufacturer's website to see if it would not Drivers Vista or Windows 7 64 although this should normally not, in my opinion, be necessary. hope i have helped.

The IEEE 1394, so-called FireWire allows users to connect up to 63 devices, whose specification calls for 100, 200 and 400 Mbits/sec transfer rate. It supports hot swapping, multiple speeds on the same bus and isochronous data transfer, which guarantees bandwidth for multimedia operations. It is perfectly for truly universal connection for almost any consumer, computer or peripherals applications like digital cameras and other video devices.

here I have a problem with my camera and my card import. My card import PCI FIREWIRE IEEE-1394 is connected and detected on my computer. But when I plug my camera's DV port to my card and it nothing happens. By cons, if I plug my camera by plugging in USB port on the 2nd port of my camera (I do not know how it is called) of my camera is detected but the quality is very average import because I import as if my camera was a webcam. I tried to change cable DV RELEVANT card but its has nothing changed. I also buy a 2nd card and its import na done nothing. I do not understand. And now I'm not sure what can be reconfigured if somebody knows please help me