Thread: How to overclock Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz processor

How to overclock Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz processor

Recently upgrade graphical interface in my Dell machine where as I was using AMD core interface, but though I am using the machine mainly for gaming so the chip set card is not sufficient up to that level. For that I decided to overclock my Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz processor, I heard somewhere that, it is possible to overclock into 4GHz, but having no such idea and information on this, is there anyone having any information or tips for this operation? One of my friends did this, but now he not getting in touch of me, so I can’t get any information about this from him. So I am here

Re: How to overclock Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz processor

According to my knowledge this might be possible, but for that you need some of the featured needed CPU which should be attached with your machine. Main one is the cooling process, the cooling process is very much need whether your processor is overclocked or not. After overclock your processor, this should be occupied and to use maximum number of process and execution in your machine, which might take a much lot time. For this the CPU should be hot, so in that time if you don’t run the cooling process in your CPU, this will become the cause of bad execution of any program or application in your machine. So while you are willing to overclock your processor, the CPU should have a good cooling feature.

I would like to share some of the information regarding the risk after do the overclock, because I found some where about this information. The overclock process in to the process might be cause for losing the void the system warranty, it cause to reduce the life time of the machine, for this day by day the machine performance getting slow. Or might be not runs perfectly with the other machine hardware devices. So after the overclock any processor makes sure that one should be compatible with the other hardware devices of the machine. it also hampers to the clock speed of your processor. The clock speed is known as the main feature of any processor, it uses to calculate the computing time and power, it measured as MHz or GHz. If the processor is working fine, then the clock speed also run fine.

after overclock the processor, be sure that the processor clock speed is running well, because some of the time it encounters as the clock speed is getting slow after over clock any particular processor. But you can able to change the clock speed by using some of the software applications; those are available in the, market in current days. One of them is known as "jumpers" or “jumper free”, by this you can change the clock speed, which is also known as the jumper of processor. This clock speed is collaborate with so many bus speed and multipliers of the motherboard. Though this technology is mostly uses by the branded motherboards.

As per my knowledge about the overclocking method, this one is done by the adjusting the CPU multipliers FSB (front side bus) speed of the motherboard of nay machine. Most of the processors are designed with multiplier locked, which is used for speed the multipliers by the front side bus of motherboard, regarding this the overclock is process of adjusting the motherboard bus speed. Generally FSB speed known as the most necessary aspect of the overclocking, because this works as the operation of all other devices which are connected with the motherboard. Though the Pentium processors are encountered as the lowest processor, you need to speed up the from bus access of this processor.