Thread: 955 Cannot Go upper than 16X

955 Cannot Go upper than 16X

Require a few help to overclocking my 955. I tried by means of Overdrive 1st since I am fresher to this and appear easier. The slider for altering the Core Multiplier trimmings out at 16X on Overdrive. While I had seen screenshots made by other people and even on the other blog, the range seems much wider. On the AMD blog the slider is place to 18X and is only 1by3 of the way across. I after that attempted going via the BIOS to raise the Core Multiplier and voltage. It still shows as 16X on CPU-Z. What am I doing mistaken or not doing in any way?

Re: 955 Cannot Go upper than 16X

Well, what you are performing incorrect is annoying to Overclocking through software. Don't allow the BIOS scare you. It is actually much simpler than most people understand to Overclock in the BIOS, and it is what everybody suggests performing if you contain BIOS which permits you to.

First thing, would you please generate a complete system spec sig? It helps us to recognize all the hardware you are running and attempting to Overclock. Second thing is, download some programs to assist you monitor temps and steady your system. These programs would be CPUz, HWmonitor or RealTemp, and moreover Prime95. I utilize HWmonitor and Prime95 for me. HWmonitor will demonstrate you many information, like voltages, CPU and Motherboard temperatures, and most significantly it will exhibit your Core temperatures. This is the most important thing to maintain an eye ON and while running an Overclocking on any CPU.

posts first? As you say, here is what I am utilizing:
    Board: Gigabyte 870A UD3
    CPU: 955BE C3
    RAM: 8 GB Ripjaws
    Video Card: Sapphire Vapor
    PSU: Seasonic
    HDD: 640GB
    I had those programs previously since I ran them to observe what the rig could perform at stock.

How certain are you that you contain a 955BE? There is a 955 CPU come out which is not a BE. Where did you purchase it and do you contain a link or any other name of the site or anything else? If not you can all the time take the heatsink OFF and seem at the processor. If the model begins from HDZ955 then it is a BE, if it begins from HDX955 then it is not.

The Z, X, W letters are parts of their identification scheme: Z's are for BE, X's are for standard, which you will discover all the Athlon II's have this plus the 920 and 945 X4's and additional, W's are for lower watt versions. There are as well a few additional thrown in their B for instance: for Business Class. Look through this list and evaluate them, I am sure you will observe the correlation. Even the Phenom I's follows it via their letter is later than the processor number. Yes, I would say they have got a misprint.