Thread: First overclocking of amd athlon II x2 4400e

First overclocking of amd athlon II x2 4400e

I had purchased this processor and unlock it. I situate OCCT for 30 minutes on Large Data Set. Subsequent to 30 min, always was ok no errors. Then I endeavor to clock it - CPU - 1.40V, NB - 1.16V. OCCT and Prime no errors. The CPU - 1.42, NB - 1.26V, RAM - 1.62V 9-9-9-24 1268MHz, CPU NB - 1.25V, FSB 238, HT- 2142MHz. In the Linx the error came subsequent to 1min, Prime subsequent to 3 minutes in second core. I encompass read by means of the intention of the AMD Sempron 140 @ 2.7Ghz be able to be unlocked to facilitate the second core. Is it probable to this on my AsRock K10N78 motherboard. If yes, give pleasure to assist me how to unlock it. You necessitate an AMD chipset (SB710 or higher) or an Nvidia 780a, 750a, 730a, or 720a chipset.

Re: First overclocking of amd athlon II x2 4400e

Your HT at 2142 might be a diminutive high. It is recommended you maintain by means of the intention of connecting 1800 and 2000 mhz (which is stock). It would be accommodating to us to observe representation of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". In addition, what regarding your core temps. You encompass said nothing regarding by means of the intention of it. If you are working with the stock OEM CPU cooler you might be having heat tribulations. My recommendation is to eliminate the entire the overclock settings for the time being (additional than leave the core unlock in place) and run Prime95 for 10 minutes. Previous to you does by means of the intention of on the other hand, install HWMonitor and encompass it open as you start to run the Prime stress test.

The CPU-Z is demonstrating by means of the intention of your memory is working within single-channel mode. Do you encompass one attach or three sticks of RAM. If you encompass two sticks of RAM then one of the sticks seems to be in the incorrect slot try shifting it in excess of one space. If you are working with one stick there is not much by means of the intention of be able to be completed. If you are running three sticks you might think regarding working with merely two sticks, optimistically a matched pair. Having the RAM in solitary channel might be a big part of your tribulations. AMD's actually approximating to run in dual-channel mode. I in addition would not turn the cpuNB voltage up past 1.20v for by means of the intention of CPU and 1.175v would be superior. On one occasion you work out the RAM predicament I would revolutionize the cpuNB to 9X (possibly 1800 in BIOS) and lower the HT Link to 8X (perhaps 1600 in BIOS).

The Sempron 140's are completed commencing Athlon II x2 4400e by means of a core put out of action. From my understanding moreover it's a Athlon II x2 by means of the intention of has a imperfect core or when demand is high they put out of action the 2nd core and sell it as a sempron. Depend on the consignment and boils down to luck. I was capable to release my Sempron and boot into windows 7 additional than it's not constant. It extremely true, additional than the OP's motherboard is not accomplished of unlocking to put out of action cores. In view of the fact by means of the intention of they got an NForce 630a chipset. And I am anticipating by means of the intention of a BIOS to bring up to date be able to facilitate the unlocking.

Yes, the chip is cooler by means of merely one core, not a big dissimilarity although, by means of original one core Sempron II (Sargas) is 45W TDP and unlocked they becomes 65W TDP Athlon II (Regor). As you be able to observe in my suicide runs one core be able to push regarding 30mhz additional than two cores, it permits you to utilize diminutive bigger cpu vid and regarding +2 htt additional other than ACC be able to be on some motherboards or if you are overclocking not completely constant unlocked cpu. Do not be familiar by means of the temps additional than the heatpipes were tranquil cool the entire I ran was the AOD steadiness test additional than I imagine I have comprised and got a bit additional headroom. I in addition tried playing by means of the voltages additional than it did not do no matter which by means of the intention of would assist anybody here knows what the predicament might be.

I have comprised and been capable to overclock the processor to 3.58 ghz steady by increasing the fsb to 276. I have reserved ram at 1:1 and concentrated the HT and NB to 7X to maintain it approximately 2000 Mhz. The processor seems to be raring to go further than 280 as well; on the other hand; increasing the fsb further than 280 reboots the system. I endeavor reducing the cpu multiplier to 10X as well so as to create certain if my processor is the bottle-neck; additional than tranquil the system reboots at no matter which beyond 280. My query is whether 280 is the limit by means of the intention of my motherboard be able to take; or am I missing something. The CPU voltages were accustomed by the bios mechanically. It demonstrates as 1.55 in cpu-z. I encompass under-clocked the ram to 2x vs the 4x defaulting. By means of the intention of is the minimum it be able to go. The CPU is working with on the stock heatsink/fan and I am receiving max temps of 65 degs max under prime95.