Thread: Which one is correct MSI Control Center or Core Temp

Which one is correct MSI Control Center or Core Temp

I am not sure among this two tool that which shows you the correct cpu temperature. When I check my cpu temperature in MSI Control Center then its hows it between 35 to 40 and the same is a bit higher in Core Temp. I just want a single appropriate tool that can give me the correct temperature of my cpu. I overclocked my processor for gaming and it is necessary to keep an eye on the current temperature. I had already run OCCT to check my system stability. The test failed most of the time, but still I am just giving up a try. I do not want to completely fry my cpu. Till now there is no major issue. The cpu temperature lies between a appropriate temperature and does not crosses the limit. I feel to use Core Temp. What others are using.

Re: Which one is correct MSI Control Center or Core Temp

I will to advice for CoreTemp. As its name suggests, is a utility CoreTemp portable monitor that allows you to monitor real-time temperature of your CPU. Users processor multi-core will be satisfied, since it does clearly indicate the temperature of each heart separately in degrees Celsius. The best part of this system is that it supports a large number of x86 and x64 systems. So you do not need to worry about the compatibility of this program. I am using this for a quiet long time and things work well. I am not sure that there is some kind of program which can give us a an exact information on the cpu temperature. There can be minor differences. You can also rely on your bios where you can instantly get the current cpu temperature.

I too rely on core temp. What I found that this program supports a long list of cpu's. From Intel Atom to E5000 series. Mostly the results provided this tool was perfect. If your system is not stable then you must not overclock your system. That can be risky. At some point your system temperature can rise too high and that can cause total death of your system. Core Temp also supports Amd systems. I am not sure about MSI as I had never used this before. There are other more tools that you can try and then compare the results. The one which you find most appropriate can be your final choice.

Core Temp is a monitoring software for people who want to monitor temperatures and information on their PCs. On the same MSI Control Center is small utility that does the same but also states other related information. I found most of the overclockers mostly trusting Core Temp. That is because it its simple interface. It is also includes a large number of components, and uses sensors which are already present on the motherboard in general) to inform you of the temperature inside the housing, which is perfect for monitoring CPU temperature.

As overclocking came out becomingly there were tons of software's that were released to proper you an intact information on the cpu. I am using a small plugin on my desktop which continuously gives me my cpu temperature. I cannot say that tis completely correct but I can get a relative information on that. I have a Intel Core i7 cpu which is built for overclocking and overclock the same through my bios. I do not depend on any third party software. I my views they are not stable and at anytime you can face system crash. As overclocking is a critical process which must be carried out with proper care. If your system fails the result of OCCT then do not overclock your system.

I am also using Core Temp, but not for just temperature. It also find various information about CPU use, including CPUIB the APICID, processor model, but also the frequency, the socket and the Vcore. There is one benefit which made my choice towards this is that in the tool you are able to save for a certain information into an Excel document. This help to maintain logs of old overclocking I had performed. You can definitely rely on the Core Temp software. It is a really awesome tool for overclocking users. Remember that heating occurs due to the high voltage and most of the time accidentally can cause hardware failure.