Thread: Overclocking intel core i7 processor to reach 4.4GHz

Overclocking intel core i7 processor to reach 4.4GHz

I have a intel core i7 processor and let me tell you its working fine and i have really no issues with the working of the processor. During overclocking my processor reaches the speed of the 4.2GHz which is far much better than any of the other AMD processor, i think so. I wanted to ask if anyone have achieved the speed of 4.4GHz. If yes then please do post me their BIOS settings. Even i would like to try to reach the speed of 4.4GHz. So anyone who can help me with these. My configuration is as follows
    CPU - i7 930 2.8 OC'd-4.265Ghz @1.31v
    Cooling - Corsair H50
    Case - HAF 922
    Mobo - RIIE
    Video - GTX 470
    RAM - Corsiar 6 GB Tri-chan. 1600Mhz
    HDD: 500GB 7200RPM RAID0

re: Overclocking intel core i7 processor to reach 4.4GHz

I would ask you not to risk the system with such a clocking speed. It would be worth risking with the stability. With the increase in the vcore and also the heat produced it will be a risk putting your system to such a high core speed. After you have reached the 4.2GHz mark , it takes time to bring a rise to every 100MHz. So on trying you can hardly reach the 4.3GHz mark but i cant say about the 4.4GHz. Also do let me know if anyone has the solution.

As per my view is concerned as the system is running and not getting freezed during overclocking, the system is said to be stable. I did the same procedure and it worked for me. Actually i ran with a 32-bit drive and i took 4 core and 8 threads. My ram is 6GB 2000MHz while my input voltage was 1.480V. I suggest you try increasing the input voltage and check for the stability. Though the input voltage is high but it gave me the desired result. I was working in the benching mode to just see and optimize the performance and did some voltage changes freely. The result is in front of you. Even i advice you to do the same in the benching mode.

Hey nice to hear that you got the 4.4GHz mark. Does increasing the input voltage i.e.1.480V so much, help, it seems very high to me. I had achieved the 4.2GHz mark with the input voltage of 1.31V. It would be putting like un necessary pressure to the system. Anyways i have tried with the benching mode and as per your suggestion. Now on passing the cine bench test 11.5 my CPU scored around 7.2 points with 4.4GHz. I think so it was a good sign of the stability. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.