Thread: Overclocking gigabyte h55 with Intel Core i5 650

Overclocking gigabyte h55 with Intel Core i5 650

I have my i5 since very last months and been pleased with the stock speeds and so on awaiting this week, after that I am in progress reading around bit and receiving extremely puzzled and more and more interested and enthusiastic. At first I was glad to try for a 3.66 GHz, after that push for a 4 GHz. After that I thought 4.2, and later than receiving there I thought sold it, I want 4.4. I think I have read about 3 dissimilar guides that clearly all state somewhat dissimilar things, so I got a common idea and illegible down a few common settings to attempt. Thus far luckily each single mixture I tried has not failed to boot and no BSOD. Today I have just finished up with this, that I pressure tested for about a few hours with prime95, and will maybe run once more for a bit longer this weekend to be certain. I could not get wPrime1024m to work for a few causes. Here are my settings, I got extremely puzzled about Uncore and QPI and how a few of it all narrated to each other, so I don't whether a few of it might require changing? I could not work out the Uncore or RAM ratio thing which in fact should be as a minimum 2:1 ratio but not at or over 3:1. Can somebody verify this for me please.
    Code:
    Gigabyte H55M-UD2H
    i5 650
    Antec 800-II case, so many fans 
    8 GB Corsair 1333 MHz 
    QPI = 6.72 GHz x 32
    Uncore = 3780 
    VTT - 1.30v
    CPU PLL - 1.95v
    DRAM - 1.7v

Re: Overclocking gigabyte h55 with Intel Core i5 650

I as well have the same thing and later than starting prime95 for a few times with realtemp running in the background, the maximum temperature I got was 68 degrees Centigrade, with an ideal of 25 to 29. I guess these temperatures are excellent; I am utilizing the PC for gaming, best ever possibly 6 to 7 hours or rapidly and off on a weekend day. I am pleased with this effect later than kind of winging my way during it, but would be extremely grateful if anybody can either choose out something which might require altering, or if there is something I might have overlooked and remain on this write up which is of significance. As well any additional pointers of how I might be able to well tune this setup?

That is an extremely pleasant overclocking you got there. I did not observe your temperatures there; not bad at all. I do not think I can assist you quit well tune it additional than you have previously from what I am considering, the whole thing looks suitable. But in many sites has a few very excellent write ups if you have not checked them out up till now, you can check it and easily overclock your requirement.

I had a crash previous playing BC2. What I don't be aware of is that I ran Prime95 last night for a few hours with non troubles, and after that played BC2 for about an hour or more, after that this evening I loaded BC2 and in 10 minutes I got a grey or greenery display. I could still hear the audio from BC2 which mean to me it was a GPU smash. I had accurately the similar thing last to last week while I was testing my GPU max overclock; previous to I started overclocking the CPU and so on. While I hit the reset on the computer, I took the VTT up to 1.41, and resolute to place the PLL on auto, and have run prime95 once more for three to four hours. Just got back in from outside and it is fine. Even though, the maximum temperatures have increased to 71 degrees Centigrade. I just assume that we will have to just keep an eye on it.

I also have the similar problem over and over with the GPU set to defaults. I even place all my BIOS settings back to regular and it still collides. One of my friends told me to turn off the ATI overdrive, so I just did it and decisive to attempt playing with one of my overclock setups, would not even boot to BIOS. I have dragged battery on the mobo but it still won't boot at all. I think I may have slain it. While I press the power button there is typically all three lights come on, at first red yellowish-brown and green, after that just green stays on. Currently the red light does not turn off and I get not anything on screen. Anybody got any thoughts why this has abruptly occurred?