Thread: AMD Phenom II 1075t shuts down after some time during overclocking

AMD Phenom II 1075t shuts down after some time during overclocking

I have a AMD Phenom II 1075t processor supported with the Asrock 890gx extreme 3 motherboard. Above that these are some of my specification's Ram is 2gb x 2 Corsair xms3 dhx with 1333mhz, Noctua d14 push and pull configuration with 2 Xigmatek XLF-F1253 120mm fans. Now i have tried overclocking the speed of the CPU to 3.04MHz but it's been giving problem to me with the overclocking.Now i have tried with the CPU multiplier to 17 and took all the basic precaution such as the enabling of the full fans and also adjusting the cool and quite settings of the CPU manually. Every setting in the bios i have adjusted.The stock value instead of leaving with the auto option i have adjusted it manually but still it fails to give me the result. The CPU temperature rises as soon as i start with the overclocking. The vcore rises from 1.4 V to 1.6V during the stress. Whenever it is used to achieve the stability the system crashes. Now what can be the problem cant i achieve a increase of 0.3GHz speed. Please help me with these.

Re: AMD Phenom II 1075t shuts down after some time during overclocking

First of all let me tell you anything can happen during the overclocking so you cant get the exact results every time. Now Phenom II 1075t is a processor having 6 core's. So to overclock the 6 core processors it is a very difficult task. So when you are overclocking the such type of processor's you have to ensure that the all the system's in the processor such as CPU cores, IMC, RAM, mobo, PSU, Vid, etc should run at a higher frequency other wise it will be difficult to achieve the stability. So you have to ensure that all the systems are running at a very high frequency other wise you cant go ahead with the overclocking. This is what i can say are some of the drawbacks of having a 4+ core in the processor's. So ensure these steps are done properly and then only go ahead with overclocking.

I would suggest you to check whether you have the turbo boost enabled if it is there disable it. Also if there is a C1e option in your BIOS then try disabling it too. I wanted to ask whether what type of temperature's you get when you normally start with the turbo boosting. Also the vcore you said it touches up to 1.5V that is too high. I have a suggestion for you on that. What you can do is that try increasing the nominal vcore in the bios. If the nominal bios is increased, the vcore will be stuck at 1.5V under stress and it will not be safe and will not harm your system. So you can compensate that for the normal fluctuation in the vcore and it will somewhat help you in the stability.

Well i have done the same way as you have said i have disabled the C1e and also the turbo boost in the BIOS. Now my CPU temperature measures around 40 degrees while i am performing overclocking. I have also tried overclocking at the 3.4GHz and more with the vcores ranging up to 1.4V but still it failed. What i have also done is to increase the bus speed, and the CPU multiplier was at 16. This gradually increased the vcore it went beyond 1.4 but the system again crashed after sometime. Now what can i do more, is there any other solution.