Thread: Best combination of settings offers the best overclock

Best combination of settings offers the best overclock

I am currently using system with AMD's Six-Core phenom II X6 1090T processor with RAM of 4GB with speed of 1333MHz. But I wanted to overlock my system to get the maximum speed and perform the multitasking in my system, but I am not exactly aware of how to perform overlocking for the system and what will be the best combination of setting to be done in order to get the best overlocking for the system. So if anybody have done it with their system and experiencing great performance then provide me with the setting for my system to get the best overlocking done.

Re: Best combination of settings offers the best overclock

Overlocking is done for the system to get great performance from the system in terms of speed, accuracy and multitasking. I think RAM is hardly needs to be overclocked and as you have mentioned your processor speed as 1333 MHz that is more than speedy sufficient for system to work great. I suppose DDR3 RAM can be Overclocked to about 1600MHz as for the CPU it will depend on the factory clock speed and 6 core processor can be overclocked at 3.4 to 5GHz that is satisfactory. I think this will clear your mind if you should go for overlock or not with your system processor.

For overclocking you need to have following things first to ensure correct overclocking:
    • If you want to overlock your system you need to have a motherboard that permit you to physically modify at least the front side bus (FSB) or system multiplier.
    • You need to have system with sufficient cooling for your processor. What is sufficient that depend on how much you desire to push your system to overlock and what CPU voltage you are prepared to use and also on your precise system chip model. If you want to overlock you need to use a program similar to MotherBoard Monitor to verify your system temperature. You can overlock your processor by increasing the speed of the CPU by overlocking application.
    • I think you should first ensure how much your system can be overclocked before trying too hard for it.

There are lots of factors on which the overlocking depends like:
    1.FSB - It is the rate at which your processor, memory, and motherboard transport data. CPU Speed = FSB x the Multiplier it influences not only your CPU but your motherboard and memory too.
    2. Before going for overlock assure you have good or enough cooling for your CPU.
    3. You need to first resolve some of the things about your system like :
    • Find the maximum FSB for your motherboard
    • Find your memory maximum FSB
    • Find maximum CPU clock speed

After noting these factors you can carry overlocking which will be limited to above factors

Before carry out overclocking for hardware it’s better idea tocheck out how fast every component can run separately. Due to worries w/ the PCI bus, sometimes this can be a larger challenge for those w/ out an nForceII chipset. If you are not able to discover your max overclock for each part, here is the universal process of overclocking your CPU or your motherboard or the memory. You carry out that in order to get the maximum performance from your motherboard or processor, i think this will surely help you to understand what exactly overlocking does to your system.