Thread: advice on Overclocking new E8400 on the P5Q Pro Turbo - motherboard

advice on Overclocking new E8400 on the P5Q Pro Turbo - motherboard

I was working on getting my CPU 24/7 Stable with Prime95. Well; I have hit it. I have an E8400 E0 Stepped Processor and a P5Q Pro Motherboard.tell me Is it possible in some instances to run an E8400 at 3.6 Ghz on stock voltages. My machine is an E8400 as well, OC'd to 3.6 ghz 24/7 stable. I use it for gaming nearly every day and it runs for days on end 100% stable. Thinking of going water cooled so I can try and get near 4.4ghz though, is that where you are at? And if possible give some information about P5Q PRO Turbo – motherboard.

Re: advice on Overclocking new E8400 on the P5Q Pro Turbo - motherboard

It is possible in a number of cases to run an E8400 at 3.6 Ghz on stock voltages. His voltage is not low IMO, though a thorough P95 test is the merely way to verify this. To the OP: Are you by means of the stock cooler or an aftermarket one? Your temps are ok right now, but pushing your overclock further will place your temperatures to the safe limit. The common opinion is that 65C is the E8400's safe temperature limit , however IMO, 60C is the temperature you do not desire to go over. yet again, this is an judgment, not a fact. Try reducing the voltage by little increments and run P95 for 12-24 hours to locate the lowest voltage you be able to run your CPU without giving errors. Other then that, there is not much to say. Good luck

First of all , let’s talk a little bit about overclocking. The P5Q PRO Turbo rapidly proved to be an remarkable overclocker, and similar to a lot of ASUS motherboards, it made overclocking all too simple! This motherboard was capable of push our trusty Core 2 Duo E8400 processor to a stable 4.4GHz overclock, which is one of the better outcome that this processor has reach in our hands. The P5Q PRO Turbo does have several cool new features, though it is not easy to tell how much impact they are having,

Hey at this moment I would like to overclock with the stock cpu cooler however I will shift to a new cpu cooler once I get comfortable with overclocking. I have read the guides and fooled around a bit using the software tools however not actually gotten extremely far yet. Wondering if anybody has completed the overclocking with my motherboard, cpu and ram combo.

You possibly do not require water cooling if you do high quality air. My CPU cooler is not even the best. If you acquire a top notch 120 mm cpu cooler you could without difficulty get yours past 3.6 GHz. Btw what are your voltages for your cpu and such. I thought my setup was 100% stable, till I tested it out with prime95. i specified my voltages i would simply get 3 hours without an error. With those settings in vista I was getting 24 hours, I am duplicating my test right now to post. If I had a number of higher quality ram, I consider I could get an still higher overclock.