Thread: Overclocking settings for DDR3 1600 CL7 RAM on an Asus board

Overclocking settings for DDR3 1600 CL7 RAM on an Asus board

My previous workstation had 2 quad-core Xeons, so enough performance, but now I'm building me a new workstation, because I as many monitors and connect my old board did not have many PCI slots (Dual Xeon boards also do not for as many Graphics cards intended). Now I am having the following setup:
    • Board: Asus P6T7 WAS Super Computer (7 PCIe slots)
    • CPU: Xeon W3580
    • The Core Xeon W3580 probably seems to correspond to the i7 975, also with regards to the OC capabilities (open multipliers)
    • RAM: 2x Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 that are each 3 kits DDR3, 1600MHz, CL 7 (7-7-7-20)
    • CPU coolers: Shadow Mega Prolimatech, it mounted two 120mm fans Silenx
    • Case: Lian-Li V1000Z
    • Graphics card: Several Quadro NVS 440 (only support 2D graphics cards, this workstation is about performance, not graphics).
    So far, I was not as important Overclocking (shame on my brains ). I think the CPU handles any 4.00 GHz in continuous operation. Sure you could probably go even higher, but I also stability is important. What I have to change the BIOS just to high clock of the CPU from 3.33 to 4.00 GHz? And what can I do in terms of overclocking it? How do I restore and how can I set the timing? These are indeed valid for the 1600 speed, but maybe you have to specify in BIOS on the basis of 1333, which converted somehow? What settings do I exactly, to get the desired configuration for running and the highest possible speed advantage over the default settings to have, without that the system is unstable? To me it is not about general things, but the actual settings, which would be for my purpose the most sense. I know that I have asked numerous queries (my doubts), but since they are inter-related, I thought to ask everything.

Re: Overclocking settings for DDR3 1600 CL7 RAM on an Asus board

My recommendation would be more 3.6 GHz, you can accomplish this in you, let the BCLK to 200 and set the CPU multiplier to 18. I am conscious of it at a free multi BCLK without modification goes, but it makes sagacity for the CPU clock speed and the bus so the QPI / MHT to increase. The system to be accelerated enormously, particularly if one relies on the computing power of Quadro graphics cards, this is particularly suitable. At the value you can also set loose the 1600 MHz RAM speed. Your timings manually set to default as well as the RAM voltage. Put in your FSB set the voltage to 1.45 volts, as you are driving is full Ram occupancy this enhanced life. CPU voltage you can bet on the Xeon car as long as you do not go over 3.7 Ghz. So a suggestion from me, because as far as the system can involuntarily control much without the required to set up a lot and you are risking something in the classy hardware.

3.6 GHz with a 200 BCLK sense technically very swiftly, the dissimilarity to 4 Ghz, however not at all complicated to take more exercise. I would also recommend you to have two things:
    1. You get but the 12GB kit Dominator 1600 Mhz, which is coordinated by two detach kits in which there is no assurance a trouble-free interaction.
    2. Think about the quiet times that the Corsair H50 water cooling for your CPU then not is very functional, on the one hand it is continuance free and safe, and on the other hand you can run the temperature is extensively lower in the normal air cooler temperatures, which protects the system everlastingly.

And your game will first of all like the latest BIOS on. I will help arrange matters. Just post what you will of interest, and then we go through this together.

Thanks for replying me faster. That's the whole system speeds up enormously, particularly if one relies on the computing power of Quadro graphics cards, this is particularly apposite. The Quadro NVS 440 is a pure 2D graphics card and not really fast. Advantage is that you can turn depend as 4 screens per PCI slot. In this respect, the graphics cards are not so used to increase the system processing speed, how to do it with the current 3D Quadro boards. BLK increase anyway? You can let the Xeon CPU voltage on auto as long as you do not exceed 3.7 Ghz going. One more question, any disadvantages compared to 3.6 or why you have specifically proposed 3.6? I can see from the serial numbers somehow, whether the match easily with each other? In a pinch I buy the 12GB kit for even when I should note that making the 2x 6GB problems. In the total cost of this system would not be so tragic, and for the other memory I think there are other use determined. But I would order the 12GB kit until it is established that make the 2x 6GB problems. So when would later encounter system instability, how can I identify the causative component, so what I could see, for example, that it is the RAM and not the CPU overclocking or higher BCLK? Help me further.

Troubles in relation to the various kits may lead ranging from not at start of congeal up to blue screen and system stutter. If so what can scarcely be excluded, but undoubtedly this be tested first. To augment BCLK already makes sagacity in this context. Depends on the fast indeed Frame rate of ab, 200 is a passable level. 200BCLK and 3.6 Ghz CPU itself should cause no dilemmas. A high-performance power supply would be very considerately. 3.7 GHz are inside too, but not really worth it. The 3.6 makes sense since everything is very well coordinated. Say RAM speed Bus & CPU doing now if you prolong to crank up or the Ram, it makes no sense apart from that the computer then runs a bottle neck and then brings the known system unsteadiness. It is imperative that the whole system is coordinated and in harmony together. I think its right in your senses, to accomplish that consequence.

Well if you only the CPU to 3.6 Ghz increment it comes with almost 20% of book. But if you through a BCLK200 the reach there are good 40 to 45% performance advantage. One can of course go higher with the CPU clock, but is unnecessary because the bottle neck. I would first look at how clean it runs at the amount of Rams at 3.6 Ghz. I mean the CPU has to work hard there already. Most of the CPU as high bars uses only 3 or 6GB no 12 GB Ram. Why the caution more relaxed approach to go for the CPU to the cause - one wants to bring free or fry an unstable system. But as you have listed the specifications it fits. If you have problems with the settings at first, please pull out the 3 bars, preferably soon after the beginning first with only three bars set everything, then to put the other third.