Thread: Building own PC for Power Users (not a gamer)

Building own PC for Power Users (not a gamer)

I probably need quickly new PC's office. Typical work situation looks like this:Windows Explorer, Excel, Start, Winword, Firefox. In the course of the day, there are several hundreds to thousands of Web sites, PDFs, JPGs and to Office documents. I do play better than ever in this RC, and when there are strategy games like Civilization or settlers, which in my not consume so many resources. Also runs in the background of a Web site that updates every few seconds (I have been playing such a small in shares and as containing the real-time prices go to Yahoo). Oh yes, of course, looking / I hear youtube and radio / TV. Connected to a 24" HDMI monitor, and a 19-inch model. WLAN and DVB-T would be nice but not a must. The first priority is durability, because I need the PC for my living. Quick and quiet would also be very beautiful. Unfortunately, I am now, without further help no further, because depending on which magazine / professionals to, at times a dual-core question with lots of RAM, then again a quad-core with great graphics card and finally a six Kernel recommended standard radical. Actually, I did not want to spend more than Euro 600-650, but I want to do without even for 50 euros on a major improvement. So, as cheaply as possible, as much as necessary. Oh yes, I do not need to upgrade OC, then maybe max a SSD and maybe extra RAM, just life in 4 years. Hoping that I would get some good responses from your side.

REGARDS
    DANTE

Re: Building own PC for Power Users (not a gamer)

I would you, did not recommend in principle, of Sandy Bridge, that Intel's new socket 1155, to wait, but if it is now, and urgently: AMD Hexacore 1055T, board purely to 770er or 870 chipset and the need of you equipment, small graphics card (GTS 430), 2x4 GB RAM from the memory list of the Boards, 350 W-NT, the times as benchmarks. This costs a maximum of 500, - and 150th - you come out easily for Case, disk (s) and drive / burner, even a good CPU cooler should be feasible.

Which Civ? Civ 5 takes about 1.3 GB of Vram and right fleet cards, but only once in passing. That would apply even more so to clarify. I would advise you, but I have not even included. Generally I'd recommend more for the system is an Intel X25 80GB, as the run simply the easiest way. The workflow is thus dependent Gigantic. 80GB about 145 euro. A sensible, inexpensive, just still have to look out what you like. Video Card: Depending on what you write up now, you must modify the existing one. Would you still recommend that investment in some good 120mm fan of Noise Blocker to make. I would once again with around 30 euro charge, this would be the loudest in the case of the HDD. After I can tell you that I would do with a computer these days do not like Office 2006 tasks, explained vll also the choice of CPU. If you think this is too much, replacing it with a 760, which is not too slow but cheaper, but this is for 4 years.

Wow, that's so fast here with the first answer, thank you.

Of Sandy Bridge, I do not want to wait or I would not be the beta testers, which means for me that I should be about 6 months with my already unstable system working. So if I understand correctly so far, good CPU and plenty of RAM, the graphics card can I save more (I still play civ2, ok, ok, I am ashamed .... even when I have time). Now AMD is better than 6-core Intel i7? previously had only Intel and Asus-MB, was always a brilliant combination, but I've got no problem with AMD if better. Regarding. HD, what do you think of the Seagate's hybrid? Should be quiet and fast and are just not quite as expensive as the SSDs? In any case, ever thank you for the quick help..