Thread: How can I Overclock My Alienware m17x

How can I Overclock My Alienware m17x

I have Alienware laptop and its model number is m17x R2. But in this when I check the Bios at that time in this I choose the higher => Performance choices => CPU Frequency Over Clocking, the option has "[Disabled]" and next to it grayed out and I am not able to modify it. So in this it is possible that I can overclock this laptop? Or is there any idea through which I can overclock this laptop? Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Re: How can I Overclock My Alienware m17x

I think this is possible in the alienware laptop. Actually I also do not know much more information related to this. But I think after updating your laptop you will be able to overclock your laptop. I mean here you just update your BIOS and observe if you are able to come up with anything then I think it will be great for you. ?So if you want then you can try for this I hope it will work for you.

After reading your thread I have done little bit of research on this and I think it will help you in order to fix your issue. Currently I am using M15X and regarding this I have got some information from net and I want to share this with you. Actually updating the bios is incredibly difficult, and not possible. And the only overclocking which you are able to do in this it is based on to the software which is not the most stable. In my laptop I have overheating issue. So can you tell me that what do your temps look like?

In my case when I have added the extra hard drive to my system so at that time I have to reload my operating system and in this I have and after this I have updated my BIOS but where I would discover further updates. In this field actually I am noob and I do not have much information that how can I overclock in this so that is why I am also not able to check the temps. Would this necessitate a program to examine the restrictions of the computer and then see if it overheats?

Hey there are some two to three steps through which you will be able to see your system temperature.
    1. First you download the Core Temp which is small program.
    2. And the second thing is download the prime 95.
    3. And after doing this you just run Prime 95 and watch the temps.
    4. So by doing this you will get your query to fix and you will get you system temperature.

Here I would say to you that do not allow it to get over 70C but hell, all laptop I have seen apart from for one will hit 85C before the fan even kicks up. But related to this I am not very much sure that what the specification is for the chip you have. So in this the max temp might be a small tough to come across 90C maybe?