Thread: How to do Overclock in my CPU

How to do Overclock in my CPU

I am just getting a rig prepped for overclocking. And in this I have just put together and in this I have a question which is related to my memory frequency. When I try to run the CPU-Z at that time it tell s me that my DRAM frequency is at present 400MHz. But I have 4GB Ram of ddr2. So is this mean that my memory is not running correctly even before I overclocked? Or I do not have to worry about it.

Re: How to do Overclock in my CPU

Like you I have also faced this and when regarding this I have got the solution then in that it was written that CPU-Z it always shows the half speed of it’s actually so related to this I think you do not have to worry it is normal. Like you I was also very worry about this but after the solution I feel relaxed. And half of the speed that would be right.

I was maxim on solitary channel previous, but I just stirred the ram so that I am able to get the 1 empty space between them and now it says dual. And also the CPU which is currently I am using it cores were 44c at the time of running the smallfftest in Prime95. So with any luck it appears like I am prepared to do a little tweaking in the bios.

According to me I think it is the correct speed for that ddr2 which is currently I am using. The end of the 400 it actually donates the real speed in this on which it runs. And the 800 MHZ approaches from it being ddr which is dual data rate, 400*2=800. And related to this I am not very much sure but in my opinionit is due to it sending data on both rise and fall of the clock signal. So that is why it is able to do the operation for the single clock pulse efficiently doubling its speed.