Thread: Overclocking in Phenom II X4 965 BE

Overclocking in Phenom II X4 965 BE

I have purchased the 965BE recently but in this I have to some extent of a hard time in stabilizing it. And this is happening because of the motherboard limitation as much I know related to this. In this I do not know much more about the stock voltage of my chipset. In this I looked all over the place but I was not able to discover the value. I am also not able to seem to obtain a read of it with some monitoring tool. In the end, I am not able to add any NB voltage because of this. So if you guys have any of the solution related to this then help me.

Re: Overclocking in Phenom II X4 965 BE

Well with the black swordsman's OCZ Gladiator I am able to create it constant at 3.8Ghz but whatever thing over is just not stable enough . Cooling this is the superior way here than it was with my 7700Cu though. And at the 3.8 ghz the CPU idels at the 42°C and when I use the Zalman it reaches upto the 50C. So in this I have also added the 80mm of the fans to it I mean back to the tower to give the decent airflow. So related to this what you think guys. If you have any other ideas then please help me.

I have built quite a small number of 955 based systems, all similar parts used. Some of them will hit 4ghz stable, some of them is not able to hit that and they are below that. In my opinion think 4ghz is a great deal if you are going for the 955/965 unless you cool it. And I am saying this on the market research many of the user say that market air cooler 4ghz is do-able. But it is only for the benching only. And in this I think that it is a a C3 if you only just got it right? So only this much information I know related to this and I think it will help you.

Yes that is like what I thought. You established the whole thing though, particularly the part about the chipset voltage. Well regarding his I think that I am not able to complain. And my PC is still very good in condition. Perhaps not by enthusiast principles, but compare to most people, it's quite powerful. So only this much I know and regarding this I do not have any kind of issue.

Here I want to confirm some information from your side and please post this as soon as it is possible for you. Here I want to know that which of the board currently you are using. And according to me I think that you are looking for the incorrect thing there. And that frequency I think it will be your RAM. Look for an alternative that make possible manual FSB control.