Thread: Overclocking of Intel Core 2 Duo E8600

Overclocking of Intel Core 2 Duo E8600

I am working on bit old processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8600. I have done overclocking with one of my co-employee but that was on another processor. Now I think that I can do overclocking for my processor but the thing that is stopping me from doing is its consequences. As always, many buyers of new processor, the question of whether something is broke in performance and is virtually giving away. So is attempted and how the reserves are called up - it is overclocked threshold. I am not having any idea what will happen even after doing the proper overclocking. So thought to take some help from you guys before doing it. If anyone over there has done overclocking for the same processor, please help me by posting some technical details about it. I am sure that you members will definitely do (as usual ). It would be better if you provide some additional details like power consumption, temperature, etc. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Overclocking of Intel Core 2 Duo E8600

Also, this master of the processor in the E0 stepping perfectly, but of a higher voltage needs. There will also be critical but with the little boxed cooler. The processor required for each additional megahertz a bit more tension, which allows it to quickly reach the mark of 1.50 volts. At this voltage, the computer runs at 4.6 GHz also perfectly into Windows, however, be the first small test with Prime already reached temperatures above 80 degrees. We wanted to exaggerate this point but not, as otherwise legally committed fix the "throttle" of the processor to keep him from dying of in such high voltage under full load.

"Undervolting" with a 45-nm processor offers almost always. Does the CPU in the normal case, a voltage of about 1.2 volts, which govern the different power saving mechanisms, the voltage for the time out of work already down to up to 1.07 volts. This happens at a far lower clock speed of 2 GHz. High time to find out what the original clock frequency of 3.33 GHz can be saved even more tension. As a stability test is used in each experiment, a longer run with Prime, which may be no errors. A boat with just 1.03 volts was down to Windows possible, but the processor was under full load, the endurance test. A slightly increase to 1.065 volts, however, was rewarded with complete stability. Subjects significantly lowered temperatures and also significantly lower power consumption can be proud of the 3.33 GHz processor with less than 1.07 volts with an outstanding performance.

The average price of less than 50 € of the three power-saving volunteers from AMD retains the places 1 to 3 of our price / performance ratings for the episode. Solely Intel's last imagined Core 2 Duo E7200 has a role in the pricing structure of less than 100 €, each additional processor is well above the mark. The good performance is the Core 2 Duo E8000 CPU but already behind the winners in the rating. The average price of 125 € for the models E8200, E8300 and E8400 has an almost identical position in the rating result. Even the E8500 is available with its price of 150 € and the consistently high performance in a very solid midfield. The high price of the E8600 is the minimum power increase over the 3.16 GHz E8500 quick, however not currently meet.

Intel E8000-series within the Core 2 Duo family might cope perfectly for months on the first places the sales charts in any price comparison. For just over 120 €, there is really no reason to buy a different processor than the E8400. With smooth 3.0 GHz, it stands out from almost every quad-core processor, because many applications and games do not benefit from four cores, but with a bit more clock speed even begin to know something. In addition, the solution with two processor cores in most cases significantly more energy efficient. The overall rating also makes it clear once again that a faster dual-core processor currently still a slower clocked quad-core subjects is preferred. The differences are purely in Stepping on the performance not to remember her. A timed down to the level of the E8500 E8600 does exactly the same amount.

When overclocking the new E0 stepping will show what's really inside him. Over 4.5 GHz at normal air cooling with the Intel boxed fan are more than impressive. Without voltage increase nearly 4 GHz were possible - also very impressive value. The older models did well due to the lower multiplier with significantly lower maximum clock frequency, 4 GHz were stable but also possible with a E8400/E8500. The new stepping, it seems very easy to imagine that Intel will turn in the near future once again officially on the clock screw. Xeon processors for the server segment already make it before: The X5270 is clocked at 3.5 GHz rich , the FSB is still at 1333 MHz, the TDP of 80 watts. It's not the first time that the server processors take the step for desktop CPUs first (have to). In sum ultimately say very easily that Intel has in the field of fast dual-core processors ready for everyone. The buyer picks up the fuel-efficient Core 2 Duo E8400 (same price, the two models have almost lost their right to exist).

Also, the E8500 is currently performing very well since it is only 20 € more expensive than the three smaller variants. When you think of strong overclocking, is probably only for the newer but much more expensive Core 2 Duo E8600 in question. Alternatively, you can but some days / weeks to wait until the smaller processor E8400 (S-Spec SLB9J) and E8500 (S-Spec SLB9K) in the new E0 stepping is not available in the trade only, but also widely available. Individual exceptions to the rule that there are processors that already.

Very good information on Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 that will help more.Really now Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 is best for user .
    Last edited by Vigil.M; 03-11-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: No external links allowed