Thread: How water coolers help in cooling overheating?

How water coolers help in cooling overheating?

I have got a desktop system. I reside in an area which is a high temperature zone ? My system has an Intel chipset motherboard, 2GB RAM and AMD phenom processor. My system gets overheated very quickly. After going through one of your forums I even installed an additional cooling fan in my cabinet to overcome the overheating issues, but that did not help much. If anyone has any idea about this, please do reply.

Re: How water coolers help in cooling overheating?

I think you should take this matter seriously. If you keep on avoiding then one or other day you might suffer and will regret about your negligence. I think you have a very little idea regarding the impact of overheating and what seriousness it can cause. You can follow air cooling and water cooling methods to fix your issue. As you said you have already installed am additional cooling fan in your system, nut that was ineffective. Even small things may help a lot, change the location of your system to a cooler place than before. I have no idea about this water cooling techniques.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The foremost motivation of water cooling is heat transmission. The difference between air cooling and water cooling lies in the coolant being used. water cooling methods use liquid coolants to transmit the heat. Water cooling mechanism requires a cpu water block, a pump and an Heat Exchanger (mostly a radiator) . This Heat Exchange is attached to a fan to increase the cooling capability.

one of the main advantage of water cooling over the air cooling is that it not just only cools the processors but also cools the power supplies, GPUs,,hard drives Northbridges, VRM, memory. The water pump passes the water through these components.Overclocking of few processors requires vapor-compression refrigeration or thermoelectric instead of Exchangers and anti-freezers if there is over cooling.

daviidwilson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Viceman View Post
    The foremost motivation of water cooling is heat transmission. The difference between air cooling and water cooling lies in the coolant being used. water cooling methods use liquid coolants to transmit the heat. Water cooling mechanism requires a cpu water block, a pump and an Heat Exchanger (mostly a radiator) . This Heat Exchange is attached to a fan to increase the cooling capability.
    one of the main advantage of water cooling over the air cooling is that it not just only cools the processors but also cools the power supplies, GPUs,,hard drives Northbridges, VRM, memory. The water pump passes the water through these components.Overclocking of few processors requires vapor-compression refrigeration or thermoelectric instead of Exchangers and anti-freezers if there is over cooling.