Thread: How to underclock 8800GTX?

How to underclock 8800GTX?

Am in the fortunate position to have two 8800GTX - unfortunately with a small drawback. The first is by MSI and has the standard clock and the second (recently received), the OC-clocking (slightly higher than the standard). Since I want both to run on a Striker Extreme in SLI I have probably the OC overclock down to normal, so that with the "normal" does not get in the wool. An SLI mode is possible without clock-alignment, but there are constantly crashes on load and the graphics performance is not less but more. Preferably I would like to overclock the OC down already in the VGA BIOS... If anyone has tips or experience about this topic: Please log in

Re: How to underclock 8800GTX?

Know from my stand that is not possible to overclock the cards and I am not sure about. Construction times the OC in the first slot as a master card and weaker in the second slot then it should not make problems. The simplest way is to almost certainly open up your NVIDIA control panel, select the option 'Adjust GPU Settings' which would be under the performance tab, and you can customize the 'Custom Clock Frequencies' and from there you can turn down both your Core & Memory bus. There are little chances that it will work but you can give a try.

Let the current article to the graphics card BIOS to overclock the same way canst thou also normal clock speeds set at the GTX. The "sub-bars" in this case, no underclock, you just take them back to standard time. Actually, it should still go, exchanging views the cards in the slots that I had with SLI tests never had problems with different timings. Can it be that you manufacturer driver (MSI, Asus) use tools? Then run the regular Forceware drivers. I would like to tell "Sylvester.S", that under the standard clock is not running at least chip classes then remained stable. Does the computer shuts down? Did you not previously mentioned, then "may" be it on the power supply, not enough power.

Hi and thanks all. But I only use the Forceware drivers and both cards from MSI. The problem I have not only on Windows XP SP2 but also under Windows Vista 32 and Vista 64 (both home premium). Single function cards fine, but in SLI the computer switches from one day. Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere, as in Crysis and 3DMark06 on the computer after about 2-5 minutes, but Gears of War and NFS ProStreet is not ... I will take any case first two cards on the same clock and then we'll see!! I've already done on it at the board (Striker Extreme) and the two optional cooler for the heat pipes, as the 680i SLI will probably be pretty warm. But the crash / shutdown is still the same. Can it be that maybe it is on the board? What SLI board is to recommend, then? So the problem I had with a 620W Enermax Liberty and now I have a 900W Tagan drinne and it happened exactly the same.

If you have a thermal defect in the board chipset, the board was probably longer without a fan? Try out before a board change the memory chips one by one, is an attempt. Otherwise, I think of anything more, you have already clocked the card down? The memory (Corsair DHX) have also been tested (1-4 units in different slots) - are all good, and the error is independent. Microsoft has provided the following fixes for Windows Vista. NVIDIA recommends that its customers, their system always keeping up with the latest hotfixes from Microsoft to date.

The following hotfixes are recommended for customers who run 3D applications on Microsoft Windows Vista on systems with GeForce components:
    • Hotfix for GeForce SLI systems for DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 applications (New). That hotfix corrects damage to the gaming performance in some situations in SLI mode. It leads but not in all situations and playing to a performance increase.
    • Hotfix for GeForce systems for DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 applications. This hotfix resolves application problems such as crashes and extremely low frame rates in some 3D applications with sophisticated graphics settings. This problem was especially (but not exclusively) observed in high-end graphics cards and the following applications: Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II, Supreme Commander and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas.
    • Hotfix for SLI systems for DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 applications. his hotfix resolves the problem of low frame rates on some DirectX 10 applications when SLI is enabled. The performance improvement will depend on the particular application and your graphics driver version used.