Thread: Overclocking of AMD Phenom X4 620

Overclocking of AMD Phenom X4 620

I want to overclock the AMD Phenom X4 620 but I haven't actually ever overclocked a processor previous, and I was conjecturing if I could get some insight about it. I am here to check some information about same, if someone over there have overclocked it. Please provide some information that can be helpful for me while overclocking. Also can anyone suggest me how I should do it? What augmentation should I increase the FSB and the voltage? If possible, also provide some information about undervolting.

Re: Overclocking of AMD Phenom X4 620

The 2.6 GHz of the Athlon X4 620 are sufficient for many situations in life, here and there but it could also be something even more. The easy way out for the little bit more performance creates the usual overclocking (though the guarantee is lost). Who dares, may be rewarded with substantial gains. Since the voltage of the Athlon X4 620 at 1.375 volts is already set very high, one should rather not address this area. With an increase in the bus clock to only 261 MHz to 3.4 GHz at scrapes already - with the same voltage. 800 MHz more for Lau and with only a single modification in the BIOS may well be proud.

The values determined by us in practice can not derogate irrelevant, as they were carried out with samples special part, the producers made available to us were of the. There is therefore no guarantee that all test results presented here in a similarly configured system can be achieved at home. The measurement of temperature takes place in parallel to measure the power consumption. The system will charge one hour, while the room temperature is summery warm 24-25 degrees. The temperature shown is the respective maximum value, which was with the unit cooler Noctua NH-U12P determined with a matching 120mm Noctua NF-12P-premium fan. All processors are tested in the performance tests, without the power saving modes to show the maximum performance (energy saving modes that result from the latest generation to almost no speed cost more, but was explained at length in the last article). For tests of power all power saving features (EIST, C'n'Q, C1E, ect.) Enabled.

If possible, also provide some information about undervolting.
    The high voltage of 1.375 volts at the factory loads the new Athlon X4 620 to just one, it in this way a little more economical deal. And so we felt our way, approaching always packed with information from the previous AMD processors, which were not all those artists in this discipline, to a low value. At 1.1 volts, we had found our happiness. A completely stable operation with an impressive .275 volts less on the line is impressive, indeed. The fact that such 'a reduction in positive consequences is all too logical. Almost 40 watts or 25 percent less is required of our entire test system under full load with the customized processor. This should be the way that AMD is in the power-saving options / needs to go. About the significant reduction of tension and a simultaneous reduction of the clock is a very power efficient and cooler processor also possible. In our model, lower power consumption provides at least equal to a seven degrees lower processor temperature.