Thread: After adding 1gb ram computer wont start

After adding 1gb ram computer wont start

I have a inspiron 530 with vista ultimate 32, my computer is currently working on 1gb ram and its capacity upto 4gb. My problem is that when I am using extra 1gb ram in my computer its just show me black screen and its not working properly. so i just want to know that how can i come out with this problem,if you can then please advise me something on this.

Re: After adding 1gb ram computer wont start

First i suggest you that, you turn off your computer and then open your CPU and remove your RAM from there,and after removing that once again plug it to your system. now start your computer again and check your BIOS settings and see whether your RAM configuration is showing there or not. I hope after doing this your problem will be solved.

Please check that you have the right stick for you computer. check your slots whether it is connected or not, if it is connected then remove it and clean your slots and sticks, and then connect it once again. And please check that sticks that you are inserted in slots are in proper order, look for the compatibility of the ram for your motherboard. Now you start your computer and i think your problem will be solved now.

please check that you correctly inserted the memory,and then check that how many memory slots your PC have,if your PC having two memory slots then try to boot the PC while using only one RAM, and then check your sticks that whether it is properly connected or not,if not then connect them properly. And then start your computer again, and i think you would not face that problem now.