Thread: Risks and Limitations while Overclocking Q6600

Risks and Limitations while Overclocking Q6600

I am just thinking to do Overclocking of Q6600. But I am not sure of limitations and risks that it may cause. Everywhere it has been mentioned about the overclocking of Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 but no-one cares about the consequences. So I thought to ask about the risks and limitations while Overclocking Q6600 that I am going to face. I think that you should have got my point. Please provide information as soon as possible. Any other notes regarding the topic can also be useful.

Re: Risks and Limitations while Overclocking Q6600

The main thing is that you risk your warranty in case of damage!! This fact has to be aware of the time!! If you do not overdo it, so that direct damage could be excluded from the overclocking, it always helps boxed CPUs only, the original cooler to buy So. Whether you need the part now or not. There is always a question of guarantee and warranty periods and to avoid annoying requests.

Each CPU is unique. Even if the manufacturing tolerances are very close - every CPU reacts differently. So there is no universal guarantee overclocking to a specific value. Where a chip is already the mechanical stress at the end of the road is reached, the other may not be far from the end. To explore this limit, it requires some knowledge and practice, which I will give you in this thread. The first principle is, however, that you can not force anything that is not easy. Look forward to any more MHz and do not be sad or angry when you realize that you will not reach its maximum.

Each of the individual level can be achieved with standard DDR2 perfectly ordinary 800th In addition, mass-produced is mostly compatible, as OC-RAM, where you need first only other times RAM to the BIOS settings as well over 2 volts set. Moreover, it is the quasi Q6600 no matter what storage potters doing. Especially in comparison between 2.8 GHz and 2.88 GHz FSB1600 FSB1333 see that even a few more MHz CPU clock are more useful than a higher FSB.

Moreover, it is the quasi Q6600 no matter what storage potters doing. Especially in comparison between 2.8 GHz and 2.88 GHz FSB1600 FSB1333 see that even a few more MHz CPU clock are more useful than a higher FSB.
    Therefore, in practice, instead of CL4 CL5 makes this CPU (fill out the pockets of the dealer) can be measured much sense. If you look carefully at the results, then you will be able to notice that even with up to 20% more memory bandwidth not possible and only minor effects on the individual programs are measured. And it is enough in some cases even DDR2 667th I have designated the individual chapters in each. So you let the lure of not buying RAM heat sinks and bright colors - it's worth more to invest in cooler and / or power supply.

It overclocks really only when you realize that the callable service is not good enough! Anyone who thinks so, having to use the content as a start for trivial comparison who punishes itself basically can not harm the stable maximum sound out, but in continuous operation, this border crossing is reasonable, as long as it is not necessary. And even if thermal and voltage terms, everything is still in fairly green one range, the lifetime guarantee is suffering from one or another. The you must never forget.