Thread: Intel Core Quad Q6600 at 4GHz overclock

Intel Core Quad Q6600 at 4GHz overclock

I would like my Intel Core Quad Q6600 at 4GHz overclock. I have the motherboard Asus P5E the cooler dan me I will not reorder the list. My question now is this possible and dan is my cooler even louder? Since, I am not having an extreme ideas about an overclocking, I am expecting some help from your side. Please help me as early as possible.

Re: Intel Core Quad Q6600 at 4GHz overclock

It is not just the CPU or the motherboard. If computer A 4GHz must reach the computer B, the same hardware, not necessarily can. The decisive factor is the revision of the CPU, that is the date of manufacture, the BIOS of the motherboard and its settings, it must be installed Ram overclocking, the capacitors on the motherboard must be able to wupper permanently and of course, the cooling ability are given. At 4GHz and the CPU air cooling massive push to their limits.

About clocks step by step! Try to 3GHz stable and if the first is you can try to increase further. In general, the Q 6600 (G0 Stepping) a huge overclocking potential. However, this is also dependent on your components. How far do you now get with your CPU can not say in advance. 4x 4GHz is often times thrown into the room, as this many users have maxed out my optimal setup and knowledge. I would expect my air cooling but with a little more than 3.4!!

So ... if you really want to bring your CPU with air cooling and NEM crowbar to 4 Ghz, then I think no matter what time whistle CPU coolers on the very last hole. So yes, the fan gets louder. It is therefore recommended a cooler with large heat sink (many plates) and large fan with low use max speed. If your plans I do not think it excluded, as these values, the voltage at many ends have what must be screwed up.

I had my Q 6600 ever stable at 3.6 GHz (400x9) (~ 800Mhz Ram 1:1). Now I'm back n bisl turn bring back to said 3.6. This I will not succeed, however. I have it like last time made in small steps and I have the voltages (Mch + 0.4 ~ 1.29) (Vcore + 0.5 ~ 1.37) slightly increased. However, at 375 x 9 ~ 3.35 Ghz now closing time, to be called Prime 2-3 minutes then runs is (always) Core 3 off and 5 seconds later, then of course comes the freeze, and then blue screen. Temps stay at below 55°C (read with Core Temp). Rest of the system is not really warm. The timing and voltage from the RAM are set manually according to the manufacturer (5-5-5-15@2.2 volts). In the end, I have increased the quality of most (NT in particular). Additionally, I have recently started the problem that I have with my Logitech G15 (USB) no longer come into the BIOS, although it is set in the BIOS correctly.

ohmy Re: Intel Core Quad Q6600 at 4GHz overclock

well..... you can go beyond 4GHz but ur mobo needs to support the high FSB ...

Also keep ur voltage under ~1.4V and - to reach 4Ghz u need to also increase NB voltage , termination voltage ,etc... for the mobo to be stable....

Also u need Q6600 with G0 stepping to achieve that speed with stability and lesser voltage...

Google it and u will come to know...

I once had the problem that my power supply (520W OCZ) not more than 3.1 GHZ hergab. Since I've installed a 1KW power supply is running at higher clock rates again everything solid. I think if you want (provided G0 Stepping) the Q6600 stable actually get to 4GHz (which I personally can not imagine) eats at least 170W of CPU more in comparison to the standard clock. So be careful.!! In such conditions you can use eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5. Many people often overlook the importance of Amperage and its impact on their computers. You can find different types of Power Supplies on the market that supply more then enough Wattage to run your system. However, many of them lack Amperage, which is necessary to back offered Wattage up. Therefore, it is important that you know exactly how many Amperes your system needs in order to work properly, without PSU causing any problems or even damage to computer components.

Each of the individual level can be achieved with standard DDR2 perfectly ordinary 800th In addition, mass-produced is mostly compatible, as OC-RAM, where you need first only other times RAM to the BIOS settings as well over 2 volts set. Moreover, it is the quasi Q6600 no matter what storage potters doing. Especially in comparison between 2.8 GHz and 2.88 GHz FSB1600 FSB1333 see that even a few more MHz CPU clock are more useful than a higher FSB.

Moreover, it is the quasi Q6600 no matter what storage potters doing. Especially in comparison between 2.8 GHz and 2.88 GHz FSB1600 FSB1333 see that even a few more MHz CPU clock are more useful than a higher FSB.
    Therefore, in practice, instead of CL4 CL5 makes this CPU (fill out the pockets of the dealer) can be measured much sense. If you look carefully at the results, then you will be able to notice that even with up to 20% more memory bandwidth not possible and only minor effects on the individual programs are measured. And it is enough in some cases even DDR2 667th I have designated the individual chapters in each. So you let the lure of not buying RAM heat sinks and bright colors - it's worth more to invest in cooler and / or power supply!!

It will give me no specific recommendation for the purchase of one or another article. First, I will not pay for it and second, the menu changes so quickly - what is good today will be tomorrow already topped. A little is necessary; you already own and therefore I have no desire to push all the biscuits ready to bite into the abyss. Therefore, it is no replica of instructions, but just a suggestion of how to approach it and should. And it is the most frequently asked questions are answered in the individual threads on this topic. Not more and not less.

Depends on your Vdrop. Go 1.4 for 24 / 7 operation under load is not more than volts. Throw in prime time and look at CPU-Z on how much the voltage sags under load. If you do since so easy at 1.4 volts may require the operator with no qualms, 24 / 7. So in idle ~ 1.445 volts under load corresponds to ~ 1.41 volts. Varies also depending on the components. Each CPU's just unique. Also make sure that the P35/45 and Co a so-called FSB wall, of the Board fails to different board has. Can mean that you get to 420 FSB and up to 450 Sense. Among them get a little harsh, but usually only with relatively high voltages. Had to explore.