Thread: First OC - i7 875K

First OC - i7 875K

Hi everybody- first time with overclocking with Just build system windows intel i7 875K, hyper 212+ cooler, gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 mobo, and some gskill ddr3 1600 RAM.I made off turbo mode and then set bclk to 160 (on the place of default 133) and left the CPU multiplier @ 22x for 3.52ghz @ stock cooler voltage of 1.248. Idle temperature has posted, and they range between 33-37C. So my questions are: Is twenty four hours of prime95 is the best solution to stress test for solidity? Have I done anything wrong? Can I make some further settings? Mainly people say 4 GHz on air with this CPU . Here in Cooler is no problem but I am mainly overclocking for an important. I purchased this aftermarket cooler but now I do not want to wish to make it plugued in with stability matter down the line for 1% on some benchmark.

Re: First OC - i7 875K

My system was with a 386DX25 overclocked to 27MHz with a crystal exchange...
    Does your motherboard permit you to lift multiplier? I think the point of the "K" chips was unlocked multiplier? You can possibly simply get another couple 100 MHz, but while 4GHz is achievable you will perhaps have to start jacking voltage and will be getting high temperature by then. I used a Hyper 212+ on an Intel Core i7 965 at 4GHz with extra voltage and Prime95 will touch 100°C within minutes.
    Talking of Prime95, my view is that if it can run 30 minutes, then it is fine. The guess is that for utmost solidity your rig should be clever to run it forever without errors. However, who is going to construct a system just to run Prime95 forever unless you were in fact a mathematician looking for the next prime number? So, a little people will say that 30 minutes is not sufficient because it can generate error after 30 minutes. For that, I say "sure it can." However, even if it is stable for 24 hours, who is to say that it will not make error out in the 25th hour? Look, it is all type of arbitrary. Why I decide the 30 or 60 minutes is that frequently temperatures will have peaked by then, so not only are you judging for stability, you are also judging for stability under duress of high temperatures

I will say that since you are using the Intel i7 875K and u know what is it selling points is unlocked multiplier. Leave the BCLK where it is and create stepping up the multiplier. Formerly you get to an unbalanced incidence, back it down one multi, and then begin bumping the BCLK 1 or 2 MHz at a time awaiting it is unbalanced again. Then back it down a small and then you will have got a in fact nice overcloke.

If the Intel chips do not act too another way from AMD ones, then from time to time reboots happen after 3 hours of Prime95, which can be cure with a knock in vcore.Still, I will agree with Zap. For mainly usual computers, it is likely that even just an hour of Prime95 is already an irrationally serious load, as the strength and period of the loading is something that most probable will not occurred in real world usage anyway, particularly for quad cores. Whether it is a reboot or an error noticed by the stress testing set, it is something that most likely will never occur in genuine usage anyway if it takes some hours of a CPU load which you will not experience in real world usage.

I have some other doubts. Small matter has made me little confused that is: I visited into the tweak section of my BIOS and went to increase the CPU multiplier past 22x while presently 22x 160. But it is not allowing me to go past 22x. Should I Not be capable to make set the multiplier to anything I require? Is there any setting which I require to tweak to tell it that I have an unlocked CPU?

Hi friend I am here to get the answer of some of my questions. When you all use Gigabyte p55 or H55 motherboard with the i7 875k unlocked CPU and does it proviede you access to any “Turbo Boost ratios" either anything else that will be necessary for raising exclusively the multiplier to attain a higher OC??? Or can I still make it and not to have be anxious about that???? Because on a cheaper motherboard I will not wait for the cooling (if any) to hold up anyway and I also require 3.33 ghz for everyday uses with no messing with bclk……… ???????

I have some solution for your query! All gigabytes proprietor require F8 or some latest beats for higher than 22 multi. But that said these chips are Voltage hogs over 4gz contrast to the 860's and standard 870's. But till to 4 GHz those looks to run fine. I had said hit the core power voltage up to 1.3 Volts and take it is high as it is going and allowing you