Thread: VAIO F12: Overclocking the GPU

VAIO F12: Overclocking the GPU

I am in no necessitate for a video. Numerous users’ position stress tests results w/ CPU + GPU working with @ 100% for 20 minutes by means of extremely cool temperatures in the F discussion. To my acquaintance, the i7 quad F_Series encompass one of the most excellent thermal management w/o throttling the CPU or GPU when plugged similar to for the_Envy's & the entire. For illustration by means of the notebook sitting flat on a desk, no laptop cooler, not propped up, I ran the free of charge standalone (meaning no install desirable) trial Everest Ultimate v5.50 (merely 10 MB) for its OSD (containing fan speed) and CPU 100% stress test + the free of charge standalone Furmark pressure test by means of GPU @ 99% for 20 minutes on my Vaio_F11 i7-720QM and observe the temps & CPU speed in this screen incarcerate. I need some information in overclocking for this.

Re: VAIO F12: Overclocking the GPU

You have to be living in Alaska. Am I correct. I administer to 700 Core, 948 memory (the completely max), 1540 Shader and subsequent to 25 minutes I saw 77 degrees C (76-77 for regarding 10 minutes). Besides Is it standard for using by means of this temperature for the entire time. I would not be concerned regarding consistent usage at 77 degrees. Tranquil lots of room previous to you hit throttling temperatures.

I determined to remember. Temporarily by basically thing taking tablecloth absent from table where laptop was located, on preceding settings (700,948,1540) temperature in furmark flew down to 72-73 max. Subsequent to 34 min on 730,948,1540 it is 74 degrees. On the other hand it increased FPS on Crysis (1600x900 the entire medium not including water) on 4-5. Became 28-29. I anticipate it increase at least couple additional.

No the BIOS bring up to date is extremely minor on the F11_and_F12 and does not underclock/overclock no matter which contrary to the majority recent BIOS bring up to date for the Envy_17" who got their CPU & GPU choked when plugged & overheating for the reason that of poor thermal management design. Additional than a few of the 100% CPU + 100% GPU stress tests completed by several F owners position on the previous post on machines that got their BIOS updated, containing excavation.

It is not completed from fur subsequent to the entire. Other than give pleasure to tell me where to purchase that luxurious and fashionable notebook cooler. It looks even superior then notebook itself. If I determine to not encompass sufficient money I determine to imagine regarding selling SONY VAIO F for this I am not an overclocker so I completed it subsequent to results. My advice to everybody: create profile rules in Nvidia Control Panel so graphic card determine to overclock mechanically when you turn on a number of games and turn off when you stop.

In my preceding notebooks on the interior side of air outlet collection were so numerous dirt and dust that it completed a number of types of carpet for the reason that of thin holes in it. They are attractive identical by means of VAIO's so I immediately consideration if anybody met higher temperature for the reason that of this. I might have to look into an F. Each time I observe them at BBY I have to restrain myself. This might be my next Vaio. Individuals temperatures for that hardware are amazing. Extremely pleasant Nuggstein, extremely nice indeed!

I am not incompatible by means of this, immediately inquisitive as to the reason. Why is the furmark test in this scenario even essential. If the over clock runs the games extremely well other than fails furmark, why does that substance. So furmark stresses it additional than the games, additional than you do not run furmark for fun, immediately for benchmarking. If the games do extremely well by means of the overclock.