Thread: dm3(z) HD 3200 CPU/GPU Over/Underclocking

dm3(z) HD 3200 CPU/GPU Over/Underclocking

I at present had picked up an open item + renovate dm3-1039 from my local MicroCenter for $362 subsequent to tax It's the model that comes by means of the Athlon Neo L335 (dual core, 1.6) and the HD 3200 by means of something similar to 256 or 384 of sideport memory. It's a pleasant diminutive mechanism, absolutely performing beyond my expectations, other than for the reason that I have 7 days to figure out if I desire it or not, and upon return, no matter which broken would not seem too strange (in view of the fact that it was previously returned once), I decided to take her out for some fun previous to making my final verdict.

Re: dm3(z) HD 3200 CPU/GPU Over/Underclocking

So, I have encompassed and seen a bunch of a variety of important and insignificant results from under clocking this genre of AMD chip. The prevalent gains were on the dm2's MV-40 chip, which is a solitary core. People were seeing gains in the district of 30 minutes if they ran it "speedstep'd" downstairs to 800mhz and undervolted. I cannot be pleased unless I am going fast, additional than I figured I would give undervolting a shot to observe if I might not hit an official 6 hours. Regrettably, I might not undervolt for squat. Undervolted for .075 gains, and it was not actually even noticeable to pay off for the potential stability issues.

If you have encompassed and had several experience undervolting on this chipset, give pleasure to take a second to post your experiences. Not completely familiar by means of voltage and OC'ing, other than if I drop the voltage on my CPU, determine to it affect the ceiling for probable GPU overclocks. This chip does not be familiar with in several software extremely well, so when I went to undervolt, it said the entire steppings were working with at 1v, is this normal. Several reason why, when additional were seeing an approximately universal easy .1v underclock, I might not get past .075. Each time I volted down to .9v and ran a CPU stressor I crashed subsequent to immediately a few minutes.

Although I have seen abundance of additional people overclocking this family on MSI, Acer, and Toshiba apparatus, I have attractive much come to the conclusion that HP, in using a combination of difficult to understand bargain-basement apparatus and then locking down the platform, has completed overclocking the CPU unattainable. If anybody be able to speak to a dm3 overclock, I am listening. I tried Overdrive, ATITools , Crystal, RMClock, and a small number of additional actually difficult to understand software methods, and might not get it. Of course SetFSB is out for the reason that the PLL is a mystery/would be locked anyway.

On the other hand, that does not indicate I cannot tweak the HD 3200 I downloaded a numeral of tools to unreliable degrees of helpful/helplessness, other than the most excellent was the AMD GPU Clock Tool. It has a number of quirks, similar to reporting the clock speed in a multiplier division, other than it worked. I be able to post screens for anybody that's actually interested in proof, other than I got excavation up to 700mhz stable, no noticeable artifacts (I would say none, other than I am not a professional artifact detector).

I pronounce steady in that I played WoW for regarding 20 minutes at 675 MHz, then finished a full 3dMark06 bench at 700mhz. For the reason that I do not imagine thay have a real superior method of knowing how hot the HD 3200 is working with, aside from what I imagine is a mobo temp monitor (ACPI-TZ01 is the label for the sensor), I got a diminutive scared to go further, as at this point he was cranking out a smallest amount of 25 fps in a 1280x700 Dalaran and was growing on me I maxed out at a 3dMark06 of ~1420.