Thread: GeForce 8800 GS / GT / GTS Voltmods

GeForce 8800 GS / GT / GTS Voltmods

Situate the chip labeled "Primarion PX3544" on the flipside of the card. Repair a wire on the middle pin and an additional one on one of the outer pins of a 500 Ω resistor variable. I for myself like to use those pins that make confrontation decrease when the alteration screw of the VR is turned clockwise consequently increasing voltage. Cut or insulate the 3rd pin, unused. Use the resistance calculating mode of your digital multimeter and tune the VR to utmost resistance (very significant!). You may want to write down on a piece of paper which way you need to turn the tuning screw in order to decrease resistance. Solder the free ends of the wires on the pads as depicted in the picture above training. Tune down the resistance to augment voltage slowly. Do not be worried if the first hardly any rotations do not seem make any distinction, this is normal. The further you turn the rotation faster vGPU increses - so tread vigilantly.

Always monitor the consequential vGPU with your multi meter while tuning. Red probe to the point marked with a green arrow labeled as "vGPU", black probe into a ground (Molex connector, eg.). VGPU default voltage for the GeForce 8800 GT is ~ 1.10 V under 3D load. 33% Overvolt (1.463 V under load) should be sufficient for maxing out the GPU under conventional cooling techniques. Note that vGPU impulsively increases by ~ 0.05 V when entering 3D load.

Re: GeForce 8800 GS / GT / GTS Voltmods

So, after that there is almost nothing more to test, I had to set course to the vmode the GTX280. Right in front gone, just like the one vmode GTX260/280 was probably never in a graphics card. The solder pads are available to all and there are great and no neighboring parts in the immediate vicinity that you EVLT. could cause damage. The card is factory calibrated in the Bios v 1.18 GPU voltage is set, what with my map real 1.196 v result if one of the measuring points. This can be soldered through a 100 ohm potentiometer slowly and increase very closely.

I will soon have a videocard (4850) received, in which a Pencilmod was conducted and the seller has notified me that I should renew the best because of lead evaporates, I just wanted to ask if it does not matter what kind of a pencil I take? Nevertheless, you can of course like to ask questions if there are outstanding issues or you want to use the mod itself.

back, vmode

front, vmode

Forget the V-Mod at the map if you have no idea, it hardly makes what if you were lucky to go more in 100Mhz shader but also the wars then! taught me, it just times when 50Mhz more shader but it had two 120s on the silencer have been running on 12V!! The resistors should already be adjustable so that you can lift the Volt!! If you think that's enough for my card reached 48°C at full load with v-mod, well you need Well just like in the description NEN 50K for the ram and NEN 1K or 500Ohm not really care! I own the 500Ohm turn!!