Thread: How to perform undervolting on Mac OSX?

How to perform undervolting on Mac OSX?

I have just got the Macbook pro for my personal use. I was using the Windows previously and performed the Undervolting with the CPU but now i want to perform the Undervolting on the Mac OS X. I am having idea regarding the same. I have also searched on Google but did not got anything working with the same. So if any one is having the solution then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to perform undervolting on Mac OSX?

As you are looking to perform the Undervolting on the Macbook Pro so let me tell you that you have to download and install the CoolBook software to the system of yours which is having ability to perform the undervolting on the Macbook Pro. So download and install the same and perform the undervolting.

Yes that is true that you have to install and use the CoolBook for undervolting. I have used this utility and let me tell you that it is nice utility that work great for the undervolting. Here i am giving you the information regarding the same which you can follow to perform the undervolting.

• Download the Coolbook
    • Uncheck Throttling active
    • Check CoolBook active
    • Add Frequency voltage To adapter
    • Click on Add
    • Click on Save

Hey thanks for the same i have gone through the same and let me tell you that it is working for me. I have gone through the same that you have explained me and work with the CoolBook to perform the Undervolting and it successfully done with the same. If any one is having the requirement then go with the same.

Undervolting is not recommended in the Mac OSX as the system is having enough power to handle the temperature of the CPU. It might be possible that undervolting cause more harm to the system. So if you ask me for the same then i will advise you not to run with the same and work with the existing system.

If you wanted to perform the undervolting then i will advise you to go with the below given link which is having the description for the same which you are going through. So check out the given link and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will help you for same.

Undervolting Tool