Thread: Asus Vbios - Overclocked and underclocked

Asus Vbios - Overclocked and underclocked

I need this info for my overclocking. I have an ASUS P5Q ( basic) with 2 GB of RAM ddr2 800Mhz. The processor is an overclock core 2 quad Q 9550 1333FSB, Frequency 2.84 GHz. I already put another fan in place ( home cool master) with a suitable thermal paste (arctic silver), processor fully loaded heated to 37 ° C. I thought the push was 3.2 see 3.4 GHz. The problem is that I can not find a guide to do more than Asus VBIOS . Please help.

Re: Asus Vbios - Overclocked and underclocked

The attempts to overclocking the CPU to operate at a frequency higher than that for which it is sold ; on an Intel platform , this amounts to increasing the FSB , because this bus determines the CPU frequency , because the CPU frequency is obtained as follows :
    CPU FSB Frequency = Frequency x CPU factor
    Now the CPU ratio can be lowered , but generally not increased ( except for some high-end CPU at Intel , and AMD Black Edition ). Unfortunately , increasing the FSB careless acts on other components, such as RAM or expansion cards , because many elements are calculated from the FSB.

You must therefore determine the frequency of certain elements , and gradually increase one variable to know where does the PC crash when he arrives. This method of ' step 'is rather tedious, there are different ways to simplify it. The first solution is to use values ' standard ' of the FSB method detailed in the section ' basic overclocking ' . Other solutions exist , for example by using known results of configuration, for example in overclocking guides : this will be detailed in the paragraph overclocking advanced '.

On Asus motherboards , some advanced settings are hidden when AI Overclocking is in Auto mode. hence coming to pass Ai Overclocking to manual mode, the other mode being very approximate percentage we recommend .
    We can now have access to essential settings Vcore ( CPU voltage ) , and Vddr ( Dram Voltage ). We can also change the voltage of the chipset ( Northbridge voltage ) or that of southbridge I 'll spare you the name, and several other non- visible image but completely useless to your level .

The nominal FSB Intel Socket 775 CPU different current values are divided into so-called 'standard ': 200Mhz , 266Mhz , 333Mhz and 400Mhz ( FSB apparent 800 , 1066 , 1333 and 1600 MHz ) . Of course, intermediate values are possible, but in the context of this paragraph basic overclocking , I suggest you increase the FSB directly to a standard value:
    - 333Mhz to 400Mhz in E6550 and E6850 for ( FSB 333Mhz rated )
    - From 266MHz to 333Mhz to Q6600 ( 266Mhz FSB nominal ) .
    This is possible thanks to the good overclocking potential of Cores 2 ( Duo and Quad) .
    This corresponds to 25% increase for the Q6600, and 20 % for E6X50.

To do this , go into the BIOS , at boot time , press the DEL key (depending on the PC , read your manual). Once in the BIOS for an Asus P5K , you go to the Advanced tab , then select " jumper free configuration " , as shown on page 6 of the guide overclocking Masters. For a Gigabyte P35 , see page 5 of the guide, do not forget to press Ctrl + F1 to access the advanced menu
    You have to select "manual " option for AI Overclocking. Then you manually adjust some settings:
    * FSB frequency: attach directly to 400 ( MHz ) for a CPU FSB 333Mhz rated as the E6X50 , or 333 for a CPU with 266MHz nominal FSB , as the Q6600
    * PCI E frequency : it must be set at 100 (MHz)
    * DRAM Frequency : select the value corresponding to the RAM ( eg 800 for the DDR2 PC 6400-800 MHz ).