Thread: OC Software

OC Software

Greetings. I have a Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 400/600, and was thinking of giving up a little. With the card comes with a utility called v tuner or something, but I was doing some testing, and placing the pileup to 454/678 600 single dotted I ascended into 3d mark 2001. Worth it? What other program I can use to force it? By the way, my card has no outlet if something affects. Thanks in advance

Re: OC Software

I think it's worth and not just the 3dmark. I also note the difference games. if you see below GF3 do not worry a friend has a plate similar to yours and also what I feel, as I said the omega drivers also increase the yield considerably. There is a small program called artifact tester (if I remember correctly) if the test you're doing strip memory errors luck with your overclocking. Regards

For me the Riva Tuner and if you, as is the case, one can also use the Ati 3d rage TWST. The rivatuner is very easy to use and tells you to where you can get the o / c, although it is best IRLA up gradually. RivaTuner also fits in the Windows taskbar giving access to one of the resolutions predefined by the user or to a preprogrammed settings. It thus becomes possible to switch antialising x4 few clicks.

For any user who wants to overclock his system it is important to know accurately the frequency of the FSB, the bus speed or multiplier system. CPU-Z can know all this information and from Windows. Better yet the utility gives precise details when the processor model used (stepping, voltage, supported instructions, etc..). CPU-Z does not merely that since the utility also provides information about the motherboard and memory.

I would suggest the nTune, NVIDIA software, only works with a chipset of the mark, at least for overclocking the CPU. In addition, the first generation chipset and mobile versions are not supported. By cons, if you have an nForce chipset, the program will allow you to overclock the processor and memory, and to change the tension of these two components, but also the chipset.

AMD Overdrive is the equivalent of the NVIDIA nTune: a monitoring software for motherboard equipped with a CPU of the mark. This program only works with a chipset of the mark (number 7) and an AMD processor. It can overclock the processor (with careful management, as a different frequency for each core of a Phenom), memory or chipset. Of course, tensions are also adjustable. Mostly complete, Overdrive is limited by the fact that AMD chipsets are rare.

The ATI TOOL seems quite sensitive to the driver version installed. I've used Vista for a while under oveclocker a 8500GT, but after having updated the driver software has more functionality it can also Detect the card correctly and it has numberr of additional feature to tweak your graphic cards performance.

RivaTuner is a configuration tool that offers comprehensive and powerful all settings possible and useful on graphics cards based on NVIDIA chipset. RivaTuner provides comprehensive support for Direct3D and OpenGL settings directly at the driver. It also allows the system settings customizable per application, and control low-level hardware.