Thread: Can Afterburner unlock voltages on Asus 5870 V2

Can Afterburner unlock voltages on Asus 5870 V2

I am working on overclocking my old Asus GPU. It is Asus 5870 card. Now this is with my friend where he had just purchased a new computer. So just for testing I am trying to overclock the same by using Afterburner. For me I am planing to upgrade a new card probably of Nvidia. Does it is safe to overclock a GPU. I need some help to overclock a graphic card where I am finding issue for unlocking the voltage of Asus 5870.

Re: Can Afterburner unlock voltages on Asus 5870 V2

It is not possible to now in advance that what can be final frequency you can get by overclocking a graphics card because the there is still no exact solution for better performance. For example I am using Geforce 4 TI 4800 SE. After going to the configuration details it gives me 275/550 MHz to 325/675 MHz. Now the same with a different GPU GeForce 4 TI 4800 SE can go to 332/672 MHz.

Before overclocking just ensure that your system is enough powerful to hold on the same. There must be enough power source available. If you have a graphics card that gets very hot, it'd be a good idea to change the fan if you intend to overclock. It may help to better overclock. But know that changing one's fan will void the warranty. So do the same as per your need.

The main benefit of overclocking is to increase slightly the power of his computer at no cost or very low. To unlock a voltage first you must ensure that the card is install properly and the tool which you are using is stable. You can try out OCCT to make sure that your system will not crash in between. The first thing to do above all is to ensure that we have installed the latest drivers for his graphics card.

It is possible to play on two key parameters to improve the performance of its graphics card and on the same hand adjust the frequency of the graphics processing unit (GPU) and the frequency of the memory card. To overclock the graphics card, you can act on any course or two parameters at once. In general we proceed by stage to determine the maximum value that can support the GPU and RAM separately, then we can test the simultaneous activation of two parameters.

Today it has become very easy to overclock the graphics card because there are many utilities that allow you to increase the frequency of your card with a single click. You can try the same for some while and if your system hangs or crashes then you are having some serious hardware fault. Asus has not made the choice to change the design as it offers some of its models of HD 4890 and GTX 285 Voltage Tweak option.

The interest to overclock a graphics card is to increase performance in games, save money when you can not afford to buy one good for games and break records in 3DMark. It is safe to overclock a graphics card except that it can become unstable. It may not be very good for the graphics card to overclock to the maximum. But due to some system issue you can face overheating issue.