Thread: How to Flash 5750 BIOS To 5770 Vapor-X BIOS

How to Flash 5750 BIOS To 5770 Vapor-X BIOS

I did a little research on the O/C on the HD 5750 but apparently very little return . I will receive the card next week, I'd like to know how to flash the bios and remove the limit set at that frequency. I do not know how it goes after, because I'd like O/C the graphics card and after many tests I'd like the frequencies registered in the bios to use every day to avoid passing by software third if I could format it. can anybody know that how to Flash 5750 BIOS To 5770 Vapor-X BIOS. Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: How to Flash 5750 BIOS To 5770 Vapor-X BIOS

To start you can flash your bios with that of HD 5770 Vapor - x. I just did on mine and it works very well. You will have the original and has a GPU frequency of 860 and the RAM 1200 and the limitations will be higher (like 960 for the gpu instead of 870 if I 'm not mistaken). Once limits are reached or found your max to fix all this : ATI Radeo Bios Editor . It enables you to lift those restrictions and even change the basic frequency of the map (always flashed with the same method if you have no floppy drive). Personally, I OC mine to 920 for the GPU and 1320 for the ram , but it is still possible to continue ( to after what I've read ) ... (Some appear to exceed 1000 for the gpu by changing the supply voltages , and for AC, soldering iron is ... well , me , ati GOP did not allowed to do.

Yet memory vaporx between normal and it's just the cooling system and it is a bit OC 10 mhz right. You have what bios on your graphics card? For me that I was leading the guy told me he had actually flashed the bios and on the website Techpower up I do not have the bios but the oldest one just above that should you try gpuz look with what bios you have and look at the limit on my post the bios and I tried to put the same frequency and to 1440 see if it passes .

You need to install and run the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool downloaded earlier.
    -Select the key USB.Dans box " FileSystem " , coches FAT32.Coches "Quick Format " . Coches "Create a DOS startup disk , using DOS system files site location is ", and you click on "..." you do point to the folder " BootFile "previously created through clicks " Start "
    -Once done, you flip the flash software and bios 2.

I flashed my bios to the latest version and my new HD5770 card Vapor - X works very well. So it is a problem in the power bus (if I have included ) and compatibility of new generations of GC . I started by flashing the bios with MSI LiveUpdate under window for my CM K9A Platinum give me that version 1.8 of the bios ... According to AC, the same result , so I went to see the site of MSI and found a new bios version 1.9 and that was good . Here 's improvements :
    - Update CPU ID .
    - Improved VGA compatibility.
    It's been two days that I struggle because I have no floppy drive, so I had to boot from USB key to flash the bios .... I'll finally be able to use my card, Conclusion , go see your updated bios for your motherboard if you have " Improved VGA compatibility ".

You need to well connected to the GC and its well uninstall old card does not change anything ... the problem is when you start the computer, I think has a problem of compatibility of the motherboard bios. In fact having more time handling inter- change his old card ( HD4670 ) and new ( HD5770 Vapor - X ) is the message I receive : Warning ! The previous performance of overclocking IS failed , and the System is restored to the defaults setting.From the forums I have read , there is no problem of compatibility between PCI 1.0 and PCI 2.0.