Thread: FPS problem in Source engine games

FPS problem in Source engine games

On an unallocated server I consist of 100-250 FPS. On a 24 or 32 man server, I am running with 100-150 FPS when searching at the sky or on some other location where there is nothing functioning but when I am in an area that few of the action moves on, my FPS can dip to 30, Commonly in the 40s-50s after all. It is laggy and I don't love this to have . This is on different source games which I have checked also, such as CSS and HL2DM..

Specification: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    ATI HD4890 1GB
    3.5 GB RAM
    All those working upon the Windows vista 32-bit OS.

Any help would be appreciated in this situation. I also getting unable to access the catalyst control center, I tried to search a lot about the same and tried everything, but still. but that's another problem.

Re: FPS problem in Source engine games

You need to go for the testing of these suggested settings out quickly and i hope, it can come you up in the appropriate situation:

All settings configures as Meduim
    Multi core cpu: Disabled
    Vsync: ON

Bloom if that is available there.
    Simple reflections

Don't forget to post back the performance and the type of drivers that you are working with currently..

You have to just finish the downloading procedure of the "driver sweeper" and boot within the safe mode and launch the same to get rid of previously installed drivers. Then after, you have to make the re-installation of 10.6. If you are still suffering with the same issue here then you need to go for the drivers driver sweeper again but download 10.4 and find out the status if it resolves the isse of your's . And by the way, have you installed any anti virus software ? Because i had several primary issued means slow downs so lately because the css and tf2 updates. Hope this helps!
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

There is another user on some other site suffering with the same problem and talking to use the vsync. But for your current situation...I would suggest you that you need not to go with the vsync in a source game unless you like so much of the mouse lag. After the current updates, there are several running with the low FPS issue with the capable machines even with entire configurations at minimum. This indicates that it is most as the CPU bottleneck. You should try to play in servers which are not full 32 man servers. Enable multicore from the specified options there and I thought, it can fix the issue.

Low FPS in Source engine? CPU requires more MHz ......it is all about the fact.

V.sync moves flawless here.
    You need not to get the stupid reviews about V.sync lowering your FPS.
    Even if it displays:
    V.sync on: 42FPS
    V.sync off: 47FPS

Because the FPS counter updates even if the frame is not properly rendered.
    It indicates that even if the GPU have rendered 1920*1 (on a 1920*1200 monitor) it would display up as the complete FPS in the FPS count. After all, why the users always consider about the V.sync lowers FPS.

Why do users have issues with the VSync. All it does is range the fps with your monitor's refresh rate.

As you stated that you were running with the 30 fps unlike you used to have +100fps. All i was indicating is to limit the configuration, so you get CONSTANT 60fps (if refresh rate assumes as 60Hz) and to switch off the multi-core function because even though they stated that they have resolved the same in this newly launched patch in this month, there are some user running with the issues with it Enabled.